Not open for further replies.

cybernck

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Previously listed in this topic but now SOLD:
Shimano XTR M900 groupset - ST, BR, RD, FC, CS, HP (XT) - £280
Shimano XTR M950 groupset - BL, BR, SL, FD, RD, FC, BB, CS, CN - £350
Shimano Deore XT M739 build kit - ST, BR, FD, RD, FC, BB, CS, WH (XT+Ritchey) - £239
Shimano Deore XT M750 groupset - ST, BR, FD, RD (XTR), FC, BB, CS - £131
Shimano Deore XT M730 micro groupset - SL, FD, RD - £50
Shimano XTR M952 groupset - BL, SL, BR, FD, RD, FC, BB, CS - £360
Shimano XTR M950 groupset - ST, BR, FD (M900), RD, FC, CS - £260

Re: cybernck's MTB Groupsets Galore - M730, M739, M950

That would be good! ;)

Just a note about the wheels - if you haven't noticed, the rims look matched, but the front is Mavic 217, while the rear is Mavic 117 Ceramic. Both very straight and in VGC. The tyres are also mismatched - IRC X1 Peak and Panaracer Smoke, respectably, and they are starting to show wear in the sidewalls. But as a package - they would look great on any bar a concourse bike :cool:.

Hate to say it but the ES70 BB doesn't fit the XTR cranks does it?

Hmm, must say I haven't really given it any thought, as I had bought it paired like that :?.

I've just tried provisionally fitting the crank arm onto XTR and ES70 BB's and it fits in pretty much the same way on both.

Although, not knowing a great deal about Octalink system, I'd hazard that it wouldn't be possible to adjust the cone ring with the ES70 BB?

Thanks.

Great sets!
Good luck with sale!

Re:

If it came with the ES bottom bracket fitted, good chance the splines on the crank are buggered up now :-(. You might want to post a picture of them.

I didn't mean they were fitted/used together but that I had bought them as a pair. The guy had most likely given me a random Octalink BB when I said that I would like to get a bottom bracket with the chainset - as the splines look perfect.

Being puzzled with last night's test results, I've just taken a better look (this time in better light - literally :LOL:) and have found out that the ES70 splines couldn't actually engage at all, as they are wider.

Anyway, many thanks to Rampage for posting a very useful remark and preventing a problem developing in the future!

I suppose I should now go "photoshop" the BB out of the photo :D.

Re: cybernck's MTB Groupsets Galore - M730, M739, M900, M952

Update - pulling out the big guns!

Everything must go :-(.

Thanks, Nikica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back