Restored Proflex 856 frame etc 14/12/17

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Edit, thread resurrection today!

another frame for the cull!

my proflex, i like this frame but i haven't ridden it much recently and then i robbed some parts from it so as i have another project in mind i'm gonna sell it.

size details:-

size is centre to top 20" but i think that makes is a medium as these i think are sized a little strange as the top tube has that bend in it.
top tube is 55cm centre to centre, i'm 5'9ish and it fits me well.

the frame had a repaint by bob jackson a couple of years ago and still looks pretty good, the stickers were by Gil m and are over the lacquer so can be replaced if need be. it also has the rapid decent spring (£30) on the rear damper instead of those awful elastomers. i'm gonna include the FSA carbon post as it's cut to fit the frame (without cutting the bottom of the post off it would go through the seat tube and hit the shock) i'll also leave the cane creek headset in the frame aswel as the deore lx front mech as it's the right model for the frame.

oh and also included are 6 cable ferrules, the special ones that fit the frame that always get lost!

looking for £150 posted or a little less collected

includes, frame/headset/post/clamp/front mech

please post up here then send a pm

here's some pictures :D

P1130352 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130351 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130350 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130349 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130348 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130347 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130346 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130345 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130344 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130343 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130342 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130341 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130340 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130339 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1130338 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

Re:

i have actually sold enough stuff just recently that i don't NEED to sell this but it's already mostly stripped so i'll leave it a few more days and if there's still no interest i'll just rebuild it with the parts from a frame i just sold that was built up.

:)

Re:

Holy thread Resurrection Batman!! :shock:

thought i'd give this thread a bump rather than do a new one, i offered this frame for sale before i went to NZ 3 years ago, the bike has been rebuilt but still remains unused so is still in the same condition as in the above pics.

as i currently have another project on the go i thought i'd remind you guys it is for sale.

willing to sell some of the other parts that are on the bike aswel but the frame has to be the first thing to go, the wheels and forks are available to anyone interested in the frame. if the frame goes on it's own i'll then do a thread for the rest.

thanks! :D

Back