Retro aluminium frame - £25 posted! - Offers!

samc

Retro Guru
£25 posted!

STAGGER home from the PUB on this retro beauty worth over ONE THOUSAND POUNDS*

It has an 'Ultra light' sticker on it.

IMG_1318.jpg

PAY me £25 and I'll LITERALLY post it to you for free. Frame size is sort of 18" ish I guess, I'm 6 foot tall and it's a comfortable standover. I can measure it if you want GIVE ME A CHANCE my God.

MARVEL at the wheelies you can pull and the gazes you'll get as you WEAVE through traffic without a helmet and your VOMIT-stained waistcoat gets admiring glances from the ladies/gentlemen of your dreams and you INEVITABLY fall asleep in an unknown front garden with only your sturdy SCOTT for company**.

Frame material is 7005 aluminium, the number refers, of course, to the number of aluminiums used in its construction. It has a few scratches and dings but no dents or cracks, I've ridden it for many a happy month and it's NOT BAD ACTUALLY.

Here's another photo
IMG_1319.jpg

*lies
**Scott frame does not make satisfactory lover

Re:

Nice sales patter.

Any chance of any photos of the vomit stained waistcoat?

Also, due to the colour scheme I'm worried it may attract wasps. Does it attract wasps...?

Re:

Is the mounting plinth included ? I could do with a new chopping board

Ta

Re: Scott frame! Aluminium oversize £35 wondernuts!

Plinth not included in sale, but if you come round I'll let you chop some veg on it if you'd like to bring carrots/courgettes etc with you.

Happy to help.

May be persuaded to sell plinth for £165 (£175 posted)
Grass £8

What bit is oversized? I'm concerned that all my bikes are now undersized having read about this gem.

Woz":10q9mzvd said:
What bit is oversized? I'm concerned that all my bikes are now undersized having read about this gem.

You may well be right. First, a bit of history for you; the YECORA heralded Scott's ambitious entry to the crane-specific biking industry. 'Oversized' refers to the entire frame, as it is over a thousand feet high.

For scale, the wooden plinth is 700 yards wide, and the 'grass' is actually a substantial portion of the Forest of Dean. As you may know, after they'd finished work on this colossus, Scott moved onto manufacturing sexy scarves and garters for bridges.

Happy to help.

Logic.Al":1rw54orq said:
I THINK £35 IS A REASONABLE PRICE FOR THIS PIECE OF HISTORY :shock:

Thanks! You're right! I agree! Kind of you to point that out!

Back