**No more cross posting of classified adverts**

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Since the dawn of retrobike time we have been fairly relaxed about cross posting of classified adverts. However as the site grows and given the extra moderation effort this seems to create on occasion we have decided that going forward cross posting of classified adverts is no longer permitted. What this means is one advert per sale in the appropriate forum.

Extra adverts will be removed at the mods discretion. No arguement, no exceptions.

:mrgreen: sorted the one I posted the other day! whoops! nothing deceitful intended but I see why you wish to stop it.

for the record, this is nothing personal from the mod team, but taking my moderators hat OFF here,

i am sick of seeing double posts, a for sale thread in retro mtb section and then a link to it in the modern section, same with wanted adverts aswel, it's bordering on spam. even though i am a Mod i am here because i like bikes and chatting about them, i use the view new posts option most and i see 3 posts in a row the same, personally i find it irritating.

so personally i am happy about this change

mod hat back on, i will be one of the mods who has to act on this change, i won't always have time to PM the people who excessively double post, if your threads disappears and you don't know why i'll be happy to explain why it's been binned, i will always bin the least relevant post though.

:)

Is it considered double posting if it is listed in a subforum of the forum where it's posted?
ex:
Selling a frame in the US Sellers thread, and then it's posted in the proper for sale forum. It is being offered to the entire community, but US buyers are being given a heads up, in the event they don't want to browse through all the international ads.

no we're not worried about that, it's mainly for people who insist on doubling up on every advert they post in multiple forum sections :)

jonnyboy666":3j07b5pl said:
no we're not worried about that, it's mainly for people who insist on doubling up on every advert they post in multiple forum sections :)

cool.

Yes, that other stuff is spamming. :cool:

there's always resistance to change but if people put up posts saying where's my thread, they'll get told why it's gone but in real terms if they post double threads their post won't be gone in the same sense and that is what we are trying to avoid.

think of it this way, if someone was talking to you and said everything twice eventually you'd tell them to shut up because it was annoying! :LOL:

Back