Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:14 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules


**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:18 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:21 pm
Posts: 2362
Location: Aldershot
Rock shox RS1 the first of the rock shox forks.

These are in good condition considering there age with free and smooth movement up and down.
the stanchions do have some slight marks, but none of which interfere with the travel on the stanchions.
Legs are tidy with ok stickers.

They have had the top yoke changed for a later model, I suspect a mag 20/21 in 1/18

SOLD £35

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Last edited by unit3 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Register or login to remove these adverts


PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:18 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:14 am
Posts: 1871
Location: Kuranda DH circa 1991
"mavic" might have been stickers, and the rest of the fork sun faded?

discussion bump


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:27 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:32 pm
Posts: 1135
Location: 024, The Netherlands
Hi, this is not eBay, so asking for offers won't work.

According to the rules, you have to include a firm price in your ad, thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:22 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:21 pm
Posts: 2362
Location: Aldershot
merckx wrote:
"mavic" might have been stickers, and the rest of the fork sun faded?

discussion bump


I thought that originally but "mavic" is deffo printed or anodised.

Updated with price or make an offer bump


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:19 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:12 pm
Posts: 3043
Location: Yateley, Hants.
unit3 wrote:
merckx wrote:
"mavic" might have been stickers, and the rest of the fork sun faded?

discussion bump


I thought that originally but "mavic" is deffo printed or anodised.

Updated with price or make an offer bump


Mavic stickers were there for years and the fork faded, the mavic stickers have since been removed and the protection from the decals stopped the rest fading. I think the Rock Shox Decals should be either Neon Orange or Yellow and have also badly sun faded (it's very common to see the surround on the 2 on the Manitou 2 fork that should be purple anno to be completely faded out). I would suspect if the RS decal were removed that you'd clearly see Rock Shox in the black anno. Definitely not beyond repair though.

Carl.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:25 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:21 pm
Posts: 2362
Location: Aldershot
drcarlos wrote:
unit3 wrote:
merckx wrote:
"mavic" might have been stickers, and the rest of the fork sun faded?

discussion bump


I thought that originally but "mavic" is deffo printed or anodised.

Updated with price or make an offer bump


Mavic stickers were there for years and the fork faded, the mavic stickers have since been removed and the protection from the decals stopped the rest fading. I think the Rock Shox Decals should be either Neon Orange or Yellow and have also badly sun faded (it's very common to see the surround on the 2 on the Manitou 2 fork that should be purple anno to be completely faded out). I would suspect if the RS decal were removed that you'd clearly see Rock Shox in the black anno. Definitely not beyond repair though.

Carl.


This mans hit the nail on the head bump 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:36 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:21 pm
Posts: 2362
Location: Aldershot
Nobody want a retro fork?
Will take offers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:09 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:21 pm
Posts: 2362
Location: Aldershot
Bump.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:18 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Florida-US
still have these?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:49 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 am
Posts: 1376
Location: Lincs
Sold...to me! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: integerspin, old_coyote_pedaller and 48 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group