Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:27 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:07 pm 
Retro Guru

i'm selling my pre production manitou fs.
the bike is in good condition. it has some scratches and some chain suck, but no cracks or dings.

doug bradburry build manitou's had no serial number. the later answer build manitou's had laser etched serial number.
after mailing to answer and jeff from the first flight mtb museum, it is believed that this one is a pre production bike, buil during the answer take over.

evidence for this is in the hand engraved serial number (fs0009) and build date (19/10/1992).

the good point is that it is uncracked. bad point is that it needs a very good polisch as it has some light corosion. it will clean out, but not without some time and effort.

as i don't realy have the time that this bike needs, i will sell her to a good home that this bike deserves.

i started to clean the bike, but never got further than to dismantle to bike, so it is in pieces at the moment:

i will offer it as a frame and fork set, with all the manitou specific parts (front mech, seat post, seat post binder) and the headset and bb,
it comes with one set of nos Original yellow springs that will either fit front or rear forks. you can buy another set at suspensionparts, but i wanted riginal manitou springs, but found only one set soi far.

i give the buyer the first refusal for the other parts.

frame size: 16"
seat post: manitou/ ringlé, unmarked
bb: m900, in vgc
headset, m900, all logo's present.

front fork: manitou 2, in vgc
rear fork: manitou 2, in vgc. some scratches under the rear bridge

for the frame set, i would like £1500 posted to the uk or europe

aditional parts are all in vgc to mint condition. it makes a complete bike with a m900 groupset

pics: http://s703.photobucket.com/user/danny1 ... 0fs%200009

basicly it is all there, there are no wheels. i can do a m900 front hub laced to used m321 rim in reasonable condition, if you like.

for the frame + parts, i would like £1850 posted to uk or europe.

intrest here first, folowed by a pm please.

grtz, Danny

Register or login to remove these adverts