Vintage (?) GT DH frame

Here at Cardiff Cycle Workshop we re-use old, unwanted and abandoned bikes. We are a not for profit social enterprise and rely entirely on the goodwill of the public donating us bikes to refurbish. We get some amazing donations sometimes, the latest of which is this GT Idrive 5.0 I don't know too much about it and am posting here with two things in mind really. One to try and find out a bit more about it, particularly how the eccentric BB shell linked to the downtube works and two, to offer it for sale. It's not pristine, but has in no way been hammered like you might expect of a DH frame. The threads on the BB are perfect. We're open to sensible offers and could deliver within an hour's drive of Cardiff for a fee.

Attachments

• GTIDRIVE.jpg
    GTIDRIVE.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 525
My son-in-law has one of these. It is a pretty good downhill bike but a strange thing to ride on the road...
Not very old, his is about 2007ish.

there nice bikes the idrive unit is hard to explain via here but if u wana give me a call ive got one and had gts all my life so can talk u through it if u want

my number is

tony

Not a DH frame by any manner of means...the DHi was the only idrive downhill frame of that era...)

I just bought one of these to use as my main ride. Mine is the same color but is small frame size. This frame is a medium by the looks of the steerer tube geometry. I paid £60 odd quid off eBay, with two seat posts but no hanger or bb cable guide. I have been building it up with a mixture of parts but most importantly with discs. I've not ridden it yet but like all gt's it seems well made (if a little heavy.)

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

If you want to find out the value of the frame, we have a section specifically for that entitled "The One and Only How much is my XYZ worth section". Post in there, get a value.

If you want to offer it up for sale, it needs a sale price.

Sounds a bit harsh, but them's the rules ;)

If it helps, I recently sold an almost complete (literally everything minus the forks) I Drive 4000 for just over £100 - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=268681

Back