Kona Cindercone 1988

2manybikes

Old School Hero
Kona Cindercone 1988. I advertised this amongst loads of other bits in the 1998-> section before, and it may have more luck here. It's 16” and the first type of the white splattered frames in very original condition. It’s even on the original tyres, although they’re too cracked for me to dare riding far on them! Tange frame etc. As original, the spec is here ttp://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... =9&t=12969
Looking for £100 collected, £150 posted

DSC01880.JPG

more pics at this link: https://plus.google.com/photos/10481851 ... dLF4PufxAE

I also have a couple of Sachs wavey 7spd shifters which I think are pre-98:
Good working condition, a bit grubby, but I'm sure they could be cleaned up. £5 collected, £10 posted

Nice and original :cool: I thin that's an 18" though pal. If it was a 16" you'd have a PM by now ;) GLWS

Hi, sorry I should have put that in! I'm in Branksome, Dorset (between Poole and Bournemouth for those without Google maps!).
Cheers!

Pretty sure that's 1989. Mountain LX was new out (the lowest group in the range with the new 21 Speed Hyperglide setup) in 1989 for 1 year only before being replaced by Deore LX. Anyway that's a good price for something that looks so original in a nice size.

Carl.

Thanks everyone for the info. I went by the decal design to identify the year, but am willing to stand corrected by those with more knowledge in this forum. How did Kona measure these to get 18" for the frame size? I'm pretty sure this measures 16" c to t, but I'll remeasure tonight to make sure!

Right, I'm thoroughly confused now about its size!
I measured again this evening, and its about 17.75" c to top of seat-tube, so I'm inclined to believe it's an 18". I've just gone and remeasured from the top of the BB shell to the top of the seat-tube and that measures 17". The top tube is 21.5" c to c.
I hope this all makes sense! :oops:

Back