1994 Marin Bear Valley 20" Complete or NOW SPLIT

Ruscoe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,
I bought this bike off here a while back now. The idea was to use it as a pub bike and with the kids for family bike rides. I had wanted a steel 90's Marin, since i was 13 and first got into MTB riding (the first time round) and the idea of buying a cheaper bike to use with my kids it seemed to tick the box. To be honest i love riding the bike more than my £0000's Full susser. I had planned to give it a full refurbish, including strip and repaint. But i need to face facts, it isnt going to happen any time soon. I bought it off the original owner (who purchased it new from Brian Rourke cycles) and since its purchase i have added an XT rear mech, replaced the shifters with Deore LX units, replaced the gear cables. The gears need some indexing work, which i will do if i remember. I also have replaced the handle bar grips with some lock ons.

Full Spec:
* 20" Marin bear Valley frame - good overall condition however it has obvious sign sof use, including chips and areas of rust. Needs restoring
* Paralax hubs 26" wheels, life in rims, but obviously have been used so some dishing
* XT rear mech 21 speed system
* LX shifters and brake lever combos
* Selle Italia Titanium flite alpes saddle (Bit of a sought after beast)

I just want back what I paid £80 Collected from Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire

Pictures:
10515242404_4420bf40db_b.jpg

10515162915_c7fd2854c0_b.jpg

10515182076_0ec7529e1b_b.jpg

10515183936_3dd0abcdbf_b.jpg

10515203054_697e8e2329_b.jpg

10515170735_1dd86bdb37_z.jpg

10515172295_79b2c684df_b.jpg

10515209644_895b0b44fc_b.jpg

10515391893_7e33c10f22_z.jpg

10515215824_bedbcd729a_z.jpg

Sorry about all the pictures, PM for further details.

Re: 1994 Marin Bear Valley 20" Complete

Cheers pal, I don't know if it is or it isn't but it's a lovely bike to ride, I certainly don't want a profit from it. But won't be chipped on price as I guess it's probably worth it in bits if all else fails. Be a great project for someone

Fantastic deal. If I was closer I'd love it! Restoration would be easy enough. Strip and paint it powder coat .

Thanks guys, I maybe able to help with delivery between Bristol and Birmingham as i travel between the two citys with work. I need some space back as well so i can actually have space to screw my new cyclocross bike together!

Anyone want this? Sorry guys i don't want the hassle of boxing it up for a courier. Although i travel between Birmingham and Bristol with work. I need this gone as its now in my wife's way apparently.

It's a billy bargain it really is!! Wish it was closer. You'd do well splitting it I hate to say! Can you not split it an put it out of the way to restore house calm, the don't take up much space that way. and I will buy it next August when I'm down! :)

Guys, had very little interest so now i am willing to split. If you want anything in particular please let me know. I can take more detailed photos over the weekend if required. Willing to accept any offers on parts. Will also have a dig round the spares box to see whats lingering and pull a thread together shortly. But for the mean time, please reply here or PM me.

Russ

Hiya, its a sad day and dare I say maybe eBay would get you a buyer whole. If you split though a frame turning up would get me shot but please pm a price for the xt rear much as I'm v interested in buying it. Will think if other bits are useful. Thanks

Latest posts

Back