Orange Vit T2 for sale - REDUCED to £850

Baldyz1

Retro Guru
I can't believe I am doing this. I bought this VIT T2 as a frame only, in 1995 and built it originally in M900. I raced it for a while and then retired it when I bought my first full susser. It hang in my garage again as a frame only for many years until I decided it was wasted hanging there so I built it up with all modern LX or XT parts. I used it for commuting for quite a few years until I discovered Retrobike.

I decided to bring her back to period with all M950 period parts. Most of these were NOS when I bought them. I have used her for the last year but now my office has moved and my new commute is far more suited to a racing bike so I purchased yet another. It arrives next week and I am going to be for it. Unfortunately with at least 11 bikes in the garage something has to give and the Orange is likely to see the least usage.

So having been through thick and thin and always lovingly cared for she needs a new home.

The VIT T2 has not aged in the same way as many retro bikes. This Orange is still relevant and is a great ride. Obviously the RC forks are absolutely rubbish so if you really wanted to go off road then a more modern set of forks would probably be better. If you want to commute put some skinnies on and enjoy the rather racey ratios that are on her. Big ring 50 and smallest ring 11. In commute mode you can get her down to 9KG easy and put a sweat on most roadies. In MTB mode this is a hill killer.

In commute mode I did a 100 mile sportive on her called 'Little Lumpy'. I was passing carbon bikes on the hills and getting total disdain from riders with their heads on the bars. One of them said 'that better be f@##ing titanium'. I think you get the message that she is a hoot to own.

Some tasty parts;

-Carbon Monkey lites
-A knacky Onza seat post
-The rest all M950 apart from a more modern Deore front mech to give more reliable changes and trim and M900 front Chainset (M950 rings a pain to source)
-Tyres: Dart front, Ground Control rear (as originally raced by many).

Everything works as it should with no sloppiness apart from in the forks which really need a service or perhaps they were always that bad.

She has got to be worth £850 delivered to anywhere in the UK.

http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/baldyz1/slideshow/

Attachments

• IMG_1365b.jpg
    IMG_1365b.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 957
  • IMG_1387b.jpg
    IMG_1387b.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 957
  • IMG_1371b.jpg
    IMG_1371b.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 957
Re: Orange Vit T2 for sale

More pics...

Attachments

• IMG_1378b.jpg
    IMG_1378b.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_1375b.jpg
    IMG_1375b.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 946
Re: Orange Vit T2 for sale

Stupid me.

It is a 19 inch and would suit 5,8 to 5,11. I am a smidgen under 5, 10 and the fit is absolutely perfect.

Cheers

Back