Dave Yates - Columbus Max OR - XTR

xxnick1975

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Decided to move this one one.

Its too hardcore for me, too long in the top tube and too stiff. Its a head down arse up racer :facepalm:

Build thread with lots of pictures here

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=256576

Deltas to those photos will be, DX front mech changed to M900 XTR and supplied without the XT pedals. I happy to swap out the DX thumbies to XT, and also the boutique brakeset to M900 XTR if the buyer prefers - for no change in cost.

Not a cheap one, but very very nice

£500 collected. Given the price happy to provide more photos, discuss on phone etc, just PM me.

I will post at cost, using whatever service the buyer prefers.

Attachments

• dy 1 (2).jpg
    dy 1 (2).jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 819
That is a lot of bike for the money, I know it is too big for me otherwise there would be more questions coming your way!
Best of luck with the sale

Cheers
Matt

Nick you must be mental, Columbus Max with matching fork, and all those parts, for £500... :shock:

Dude you are giving it away..... :cool:

Awesum bike for anyone wanting Quality steel. I cant remember the last full Columbus tubed British bike ive seen on here. :oops:

Nick for 500 quid, you might as well advertise this as "Karma"..... :cool:

And I cant believe I missed the build thread I must have been asleep.. :facepalm:

Thanks for the comments guys, not sure about it being Karma, just hope someone thinks it's fair value. :D

In my haste to get the add up I forgot some important information, apologies, here's the vitals about the frame, from the original add

Dave Yates Columbus Max OR - frame set.
Lovely fillet frame.

Seat tube
18" c-c
19.5" c-t
Top tube 22.5" c-c
1 1/8" Max OR forks.

It was originally made as a mountain race frame so
Chain stays are 16 3/4"
wheel base 42 1/2"
Effective top tube 23 1/2"
Mass - just over 2Kg
Resprayed and touring bits added in Jan 2001 - by Argos / original owner.

Frame nos 9497 - so guessing 1997 - only just retro

A little chain suck and a few paint chips - could do with a spot of touch up- still a very 'fast race frame' - though been fitted with front rack mounts on the forks

frame and forks now sold, thanks for the interest, and apologies for anyone that missed out through timing etc.

Always hard when more than one person interested, so I've tried to be simple and fair, replying to Pms quickly, and basically, first to pay got it.

I'm happy keeping hold of the parts but equally open to offers if anybody fancies anything

Back