Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:00 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:50 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Please see the original build thread for this fine looking bike viewtopic.php?f=6&t=242781

Its now up for sale as it just doesn't get ridden sadly. Prices are inclusive of standard UK postage. I am happy to post abroad at buyers cost....please ask. Payment is via Paypal gift or you pay the fees etc.

The bike has slightly different spec to how it was in the pics as its now 1x9 speed but heres what I am offering for sale...

EDIT : FORGOT TO MENTION I REALLY WANT TO SELL THE FRAMESET FIRST BEFORE SPLITTING

Frameset : 97/98 Klein Pulse Comp 17.5" c-c with a Toptube of 22.75"c-c This was freshly powdercoated then had a lacquer applied before the new Gil M decals. The pics do not show the amazing shade and metallic sparkle achieved. The fork is included (Cannondale Fatty with a BBB steerer to fit the frame) as well as the Chris King headset and a brand new sealed acor bottom bracket.The rear mech hanger threads were poor so a new framesaver bolt from Betd was fitted prior to powder coating. This is very very light....built up as pictured to 20.5lb! This frameset owes me an awful lot so I will be taking a hit at £175 posted. NOW £130

Titanium Seatpost : 31.6 x 350mm J&L I think from memory. Beautifully machined and mint £50 NOW £45

Saddle : Charge Surface Ltd Edition with blue/turq detailing. Never seen another. Mint £25

Stem & Bars : Fred salmon racing. Blue/turq ano.Were both NOS when fitted so near mint. Bars 540mm, stem 1 1/8th 120mm with a small amount of rise. With matching RSP stem cap £28

Brake Levers : CStar polished alloy for V-brakes but do have adjustable pull so probably work with cantis too. Super cool and shiny £18

V-Brakes : Shimano LX M600 polished with brand new pads. Complete with noodles and bolts in excellent condition £18

Cranks : Sugino 175mm with a 36t new stronglight ring and blue ano bolts. I think its 94 bcd. arms are slightly diffent but I honestly didn't previously notice £18

Ringle H2O : blue/turq ano is truly excellent condition with L-bracket £20

Wheels : Araya TM-18 silver rims 32 hole stainless spokes on Pulstar hubs. 7/8 speed. Very tidy all round. Both run silky and true with a small amount of play in the front cartridge bearing. Very cool looking £70 NOW £60

Tyres : Schwalbe Rocket Ron EVO White Ltd Edition 26x 2.10. Good used condition. Folding and tubeless ready. Very rare. I paid £70 used off ebay and done around 10 miles so say £50

Attachments:
rsz_photo1729.jpg
rsz_photo1729.jpg [ 167.04 KiB | Viewed 1322 times ]

Last edited by Racin'snake on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

Register or login to remove these adverts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:08 am 
Retro Guru

pm on the way for the H2O.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:07 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

PM for the tyres coming.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:15 pm 
Dirt Disciple

second dibs on tyres - sucker for the colour....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:11 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

All replies an pm's noted thanks chaps though like I said I really want to shift the frame before I start selling the shiny bits. If anyone wants to make a sensible offer on the frameset...I will listen :-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:12 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

All replies an pm's noted thanks chaps though like I said I really want to shift the frame before I start selling the shiny bits. If anyone wants to make a sensible offer on the frameset...I will listen :-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:31 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Noting what you have said above, but if/when the frameset sells, I would be interested in cranks/ring and pedals, if they are for sale.... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:35 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

LikeClockwork wrote:
Noting what you have said above, but if/when the frameset sells, I would be interested in cranks/ring and pedals, if they are for sale.... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:16 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

LikeClockwork wrote:

That was meant to say I have an identical matching crankset with triple rings and blue bolts.....not perfect but same price? from my GT i recently sold

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:32 pm 
Retro Guru

What size is the frame.