Peaks Ride Sale - GT and Kona Frames

weeman_mtb

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi folks, I've got a couple of items to sell that I really can't post (please, please don't ask) so I'm offering them for collection only at the Peaks ride this weekend.

First up is what I believe to be an '88 GT Karakoram frame and forks, the same as this one I think http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 59230.html

The paintwork is very rough, definitely needs paint unless you're a massive patina fan, and there's a lot of surface rust. However the frame is very solid and free from dents so no doubt could be a good 'un again.

Sizes are as follows....Seat tube 18" C-C/ 20.5" C-T.....Top Tube 22" C-C....Rear dropout 130mm....Has 1" headset....I believe GT measure their frames C-C so this would be an 18".

I'm including everything that is on the frame/forks in the photo, front canti, rear u-brake, headset and seatclamp although it all needs a good clean.

I'd like £15 for this frameset and parts.

Secondly and a touch modern for this section (sorry :oops: ) is a '98 Kona Hahanna frame.

Although this is at the bottom end of Kona's steel range, this is very likely the best original example of one of these that you'll see. The paintwork is lovely apart from a very small number of chips and could be touched up and polished to look "as new" IMO. No dents, no chainsuck and only the lightest of marks from the chain on the original Kona protector.

Sizes......Seat Tube 18" C-T.......Top Tube 21.75ish C-C (actual).....Rear dropout 135mm......Takes 1&1/8" headset......I'm pretty sure Kona measured C-T so this would be an 18"

I'm only selling the bare frame but I will include the original Kona seatclamp as pictured.

Basing my price on the condition of this frame I'd like £30 for this.

As mentioned at the top (in case you skipped that bit ;) ) these frames and prices are for collection only at the Peaks ride on the 14th September, I'm in no position to post big stuff for the forseeable future.

Pictures below, any questions, ask away...... Cheers, Chris.

Attachments

• GT Karakoram 4.JPG
    GT Karakoram 4.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 876
  • GT Karakoram 3.JPG
    GT Karakoram 3.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 876
  • GT Karakoram 2.JPG
    GT Karakoram 2.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 876
  • GT Karakoram 1.JPG
    GT Karakoram 1.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 876
Photos of the Hahanna.......

Attachments

• Hahanna 5.JPG
    Hahanna 5.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 871
  • Hahanna 4.JPG
    Hahanna 4.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 871
  • Hahanna 3.JPG
    Hahanna 3.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 871
  • Hahanna 2.JPG
    Hahanna 2.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 871
  • Hahanna 1.JPG
    Hahanna 1.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 871
One last bump to make space in my shed/loft...

How about £10 for the GT and £25 for the Kona?

You don't have to commit, can bring these to the Peaks if anyone wants a better look.

Hi, I like the Kona frame but am not doing the peaks ride sadly.
When are you travelling up? I am in cheshire you see.

curlie467":2s2gmo59 said:
Hi, I like the Kona frame but am not doing the peaks ride sadly.
When are you travelling up? I am in cheshire you see.

I'm just travelling up in the morning for the ride itself. My route will be basically M6 to junction 15 then A53 to Leek, then Buxton. Would be happy meet up somewhere on the way if this is any good to you.

Hi, thanks for the reply, bit too far for me tomorrow morning sadly so will have to take a raincheck.
Thanks anyway.

Back