Ringle stems

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Before anyone gets too excited, they each have their faults. I have been buying these unsuccessfully for some time in the hope of finding the stem I needed and now that I have, the rest can go. I truly have spent much more than I am asking for the job lot, which is just a mere £50 posted (the quill stem cost me over half that alone, the silver one was the same), so grab a bargain.

So, what's the catch?

Well, the stem without the face plate is cracked at the steerer tube end. This actually happened whilst in storage - go figure, but it does at least have the steerer clamp assembly if you wanted a spare?

The silver stem has a hairline crack at the bottom of both the face plate and where the bolt goes in. Other than that, it is a very tidy looking stem fit for a garage queen.

The other two black stems both have uncracked face plates, and the only issues with them are again the harline cracks around the bottom bolt holes. The quill also comes with the top-cap and stem/wedge assembly.

I've seen (admittedly bizarrely) silly prices fetched for the face plates alone, same for top-caps so I think £50 posted for 2 face plates, a top cap, bolts and wedge assembly, plus the ti bolts and steerer clamps, as well as some nice looking, if slightly flawed, show only stems is a good deal. If you agree, step right up, if you don't make me an offer.

I'd rather not split as this is the start of a clearout now that I have reached the equinox of bike and space ownership.

If you need any more info, just ask.

To keep things open, please post interest in the thread before following with a PM.

Attachments

• IMG_2059.JPG
    IMG_2059.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_2058.JPG
    IMG_2058.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 344
The silver one is 1 inch, the black ones are all 1 1/8, or at least I think the quill is, I don't have a threaded steerer to test against - outside diameter is 25.2.

ishaw":2y8dewxf said:
The silver one is 1 inch, the black ones are all 1 1/8, or at least I think the quill is, I don't have a threaded steerer to test against - outside diameter is 25.2.

yeah the quill is 1-1/8" then, was hoping it was 1-1/4". GLWS

Back