87 Saracen Kili-Flyer Sold

drcarlos

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As I have been offered something else in a more appropriate size I have decided to let this one go.
It's been in the family since about 1991 when it was bought from a friend who sold it as a 'Saracen' that he had repainted but we had no idea of the model. It was my dads and only ridden about 3 times, languishing in the garage and then in his shed for 20 years unridden.
This is where I came in setting him up with a more correctly sized bike a couple of years ago so I decided to find out when the 'Saracen' was and possibly restore it.
All the pictures and build details are in the build thread on page 2 here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 4#p1903854 with the pictures of the resto on both pages.

Since it's been restored it has only been ridden once to the park.
Defect wise it is nearly perfect with a small chip to the powder coat on the stem and the sidewalls of the tyres are a bit crusty (but they hold pressure fine and there are no splits), the components are all in good condition used or refurbed condition and everything works as it should.
Size is 21" c-c so not massive for the time and I can ride it (i'm 5' 10") it would be more suited to someone 6' to give a bit of clearance.
This cost me a fair bit to put together and I would like to see it go whole. Sold for £160.

Carl.

Re: 1987 Saracen Kili-Flyer

And worth every Penny. Quality.... :cool:

sinnerman":wi7mr5sp said:
And worth every Penny. Quality.... :cool:

Thanks for the compliment, high praise considering some of your kit, we shall see if anyone agrees with you :)

Carl

<la la la la la la la>

Cant see it. Not looking. Dont regret selling mine, no, not at all, not one bit.

Sadly I would want everything but the f+f. Very nice job.

The History Man":1wxv8dyr said:
Sadly I would want everything but the f+f. Very nice job.

YOU COULDNT BREAK THIS........I WOULD HAVE YOU LOCKED UP...REGARDLESS OF YOUR SIZE MY GOOD MAN.

When and where is another going to turn up, if I didn't have space issues this would sitting here NOW. FACT....!

Anyone?

I will be going to the peaks ride on the 14th and collection from here can be arranged with a special price of £250.

Carl.

Back