Rond forks needing TLC FS !

jonnymcenroe

Beating Jimmy Connors
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
These Rond's are believed to be HydroPro's going by archive photos here on RB.
These photo's aren't the best, I can do more if any interested parties should request them.
1 and 1/8th steerer threadless 175mm. 410mm A2C.
Forks are missing one original crown bolt (sure i have one cut to size lying around) and one of the cantiboss plates seems to have been replaced with a non original part (someone's tried to restore these and fettle them in the past)
Other notable points; sag with no resistance a few mm when weighted, and again will probably need elastomers.
They are in good aesthetic condition and need someone with the know how (perhaps Mr. Fluffy Chicken? ) to get them back to their original CNC'd glory.
Due to their rarity regardless of functionality i'd like £40
Now £35 posted - last chance before e-bay.
a3eckx.jpg

nx3tw0.jpg

These Magnums (SOLD)came straight off a '95 Pine Mountain as they are seized somehow.
They have a 1 and 1/8th 135/30 thread.
Previous owner tried to remove top-caps with tools it would seem without first loosening crown bolts and as a result they are chewed up somewhat.
Having not looked inside and having no real history we can only speculate as to internals - let's say they need elastomers a little grease and ideally for aesthetics a new pair of topcaps.
I'd keep them myself but have too many forks in need of work and too many bikes here so letting most of my stash go over the coming weeks.
after £25
2cwuhu.jpg

8z4kyq.jpg

wjvwi0.jpg

8z1yeo.jpg

Re: Answer Manitou & Rond forks needing TLC FS price down

I would really love the Ronds for my incoming DB but i don't know what size head tube it has :roll:

I had a set of ElastoPro's Bitd so i know how to strip them, quite simple.
I'll let you know when it arrives.

Gruff":ceoqvoc3 said:
I would really love the Ronds for my incoming DB but i don't know what size head tube it has :roll:

I had a set of ElastoPro's Bitd so i know how to strip them, quite simple.
I'll let you know when it arrives.

Please do. Had some interest last night however the intended frame was sold.
they fit circa 1995 16" or so unthreaded 410a2c and i've no idea if they steerer is a standard or easy to swap - i tried the Dutch forum here and was offered a copy of the service manual unfortunately it didn't manifest.
They really are in top aesthetic condition and I really do need them gone to a good home.
➡️

Bump - Will split Manitous if enough interest.

Crown /steerer £10
Brace £10
Lowers and sliders £15

Back