Answer Manitou 3 Suspension Forks - 1 1/8th Threaded - SOLD

rjsdavis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi to all

I have a good used pair of threaded Manitou 3 forks. I got them in anticipation of a potential project frame that ended up not coming off, so no need to keep them now.

They are cosmetically in excellent condition, with only a few marks on the bottom of the stanchions, barely any marks on the legs, and barely any wear to the black anodising of the upper legs.

I've never used or fitted them to a bike, but them seem to compress and rebound ok (from my very limited knowledge of suspension forks, so don't quote me on this!), and am doing this but sticking them on the floor and pushing down on them again and again. All of the crown bolts undo easily, so nothing is seized. Overall, I would say that they are far better than the usual knackered and beat up tat on Fleabay!

1 1/8th inch threaded steerer which is 150mm in length, of which the top 50mm is threaded. Come in the original box, and with the original users manual too!

Not sure what they're worth, so am guessing at around £85 posted - but if this is way off the mark, I'm sure everyone will say so! Via Paypal gift pls.

Pics in the gallery link below:

NOW SOLD FOR £85.00

Re: Answer Manitou 3 Suspension Forks - 1 1/8th Threaded Ste

Hi The steerer is changeable them I am interested in these :)

thanks

Dan

Willing to take them for £85 inc postage to UK as long as the elastomers are working properly. Please try to confirm they do and have their full travel.

^^ I think the steerers are press fit so issues there and you realistically need to change the crown/ steerer, as I will need to do.

Will

They look shot to me, they are too compressed...only about an inch before the crown hits the legs. Some internal work needed I reckon.

I have a set you can have. The stanchions are in bad shape and the brace is missing but the crown, steerer and legs are clean. You can have the lot for £25 plus shipping from France. PM me if interested.

Re: Answer Manitou 3 Suspension Forks - 1 1/8th Threaded - S

Thats enough guys or its off to the naughty corner :mrgreen:

Back