KONA HUMUHUMU a'ha stars&stripes (frameset)

zimny

Devout Dirtbag
Ciao

I've got this Kona Humuhumu frameset for $. I guess it's 1997 model; Size 20" (~50cm ST c-t / ~62,5cm TT c-c horizontal)

condition - better than nice; only few bigger scratches ....and shiny:)

Includes:
-frame size 20"
-P2 fork (42cm ver.)
-headset 1 1/8" + reductor
-BMX style quill stem
-Klunker cr-mo 700mm handlebar
-kona seatclamp
-kona front cantilever hanger
-bottombracket + steel crankset

Asking 200 quids (+25 european shipping)

More pics: http://pokazywarka.pl/8orrci/

Any questions? PM please

Attachments

• x.JPG
    x.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,386
Re: KONA HUMUHUMU stars&stripes (frameset)

That's odd, do you think the Humu decals were added later? The A'ha had the curved top tube with the stars and bars finish in 1997 (and frame only in 199:cool:.

Re: KONA HUMUHUMU stars&stripes (frameset)

I've seen the catalogues and had same thoughts

other hand - it's nice to belive , U've got sth unique;)

Now this is really interesting (for me anyway). I have a sneaky feeling that this was a 97 carry over. First off from what I can tell, the 97 stars and bars A'ha was released a bit late into the range; March 1998 I think based on the price list info I got a while back (now in the archive). If you take a look in the 1998 catalogue it says you can purchase a stars and bars A'ha frame set:

98Page10.jpg

Following on from Raiden's comment I wonder if there were quite a few surplus frames and some got re-badged with the Humu name. The decal is interesting as it's in the same graphic style and colour as the 97 range, rather than the more dull (IMO) bigger outlined style in 98 and 99.

I'm sure Anthony or someone else will correct most of my theory :LOL:

I love mine (have I mentioned that before) and could probably do with a bigger size like this. Anyway, good luck with the sale!

thx Al

Stickers look like the original ones ("under paint").
And I've bought the bike as a set with let say "full gruppo" of Nexus (levers + right shifter/lever; front hub, front canti, and rear 4s + drum brake hub); Also Sun AT18 rims & white wall cruiser tires (little stars on the black side)

mayby this gona be some clue?

Luckily this bike is waaay to big for me - Would have grapped it right away...So nice and I would have dropped a Moots Ti-post in the tube (just for the fun of it).

Good luck with the sale (Dare not to ask why sell it?)

zimny":2a98oj0z said:
thx Al

Stickers look like the original ones ("under paint").
And I've bought the bike as a set with let say "full gruppo" of Nexus (levers + right shifter/lever; front hub, front canti, and rear 4s + drum brake hub); Also Sun AT18 rims & white wall cruiser tires (little stars on the black side)

mayby this gona be some clue?

Well the rims were used in 97 and 98 I think but the drum brake or speed hub was definitely not used in 97. It sounds like a real hybrid of parts and years.

I know someone with one of these and he said it was a ltd run they did (humu with stars and bars) and was replaced with the aha.
or something like that, rare as owt anyway.

Back