Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:59 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules


**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:07 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm
Posts: 16905
Location: 54 Festive Road Winchcombe GLOUCS Yarp...
Was thinking more of strategic hacksaw marks under the paintwork. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Register or login to remove these adverts


PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:39 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
The History Man wrote:
Was thinking more of strategic hacksaw marks under the paintwork. :lol:


A difference of opinion is simply that and no more, I take no umbrage from it, its inevitable on the internet sadly.

If there was anything wrong with it, it would merely be disposed off.... :wink:

Its proper, its a cool frame, you can adjust your colourway too suit, and its not at all expensive and all the hard works done, just choose you build spec, assemble and ride.

Happy Dayz.

I will confirm sizing tomorrow, looking at the pics, I think its actually a large, in bonty world that's a 17" so it may well be too small for you THM if you are over 6ft.... :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:47 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 pm
Posts: 2705
Location: nuneaton warks
sinnerman wrote:
The History Man wrote:
Was thinking more of strategic hacksaw marks under the paintwork. :lol:


A difference of opinion is simply that and no more, I take no umbrage from it, its inevitable on the internet sadly.

If there was anything wrong with it, it would merely be disposed off.... :wink:

Its proper, its a cool frame, you can adjust your colourway too suit, and its not at all expensive and all the hard works done, just choose you build spec, assemble and ride.

Happy Dayz.

I will confirm sizing tomorrow, looking at the pics, I think its actually a large, in bonty world that's a 17" so it may well be too small for you THM if you are over 6ft.... :cry:



great frame, great price for that lot. my bontrager is my favorite mountain bike

and a nice little olive branch carl.it is about time you pair of planks hugged and made up


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:02 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
matthew71 wrote:
sinnerman wrote:
The History Man wrote:
Was thinking more of strategic hacksaw marks under the paintwork. :lol:


A difference of opinion is simply that and no more, I take no umbrage from it, its inevitable on the internet sadly.

If there was anything wrong with it, it would merely be disposed off.... :wink:

Its proper, its a cool frame, you can adjust your colourway too suit, and its not at all expensive and all the hard works done, just choose you build spec, assemble and ride.

Happy Dayz.

I will confirm sizing tomorrow, looking at the pics, I think its actually a large, in bonty world that's a 17" so it may well be too small for you THM if you are over 6ft.... :cry:



great frame, great price for that lot. my bontrager is my favorite mountain bike

and a nice little olive branch carl.it is about time you pair of planks hugged and made up



Agreed, Lifes too short. 8)

And I love these frames, every one should have a Bontrager in there collection, Not a lot of money gets you a proper ride, with a lot of cool, that is pretty bullet proof and easily fixed if you every had a spill.

In the words of Keith Bontrager, Fundamentally cheap, But....WITH GOOD REASON....!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:47 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm
Posts: 16905
Location: 54 Festive Road Winchcombe GLOUCS Yarp...
Unfortunately I'm 6'3" so sounds like its too small. A pity as as you're aware I'm looking to upgrade.

Seems like the future might be Orange.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:17 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 1305
Location: Near Ilkley
Hi. Could you confirm the size please ?
And it's a 1" headset is it ?

I'm interested.
Also, is there anything you need ( other than the cash )

N


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:23 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:16 pm
Posts: 4275
Location: Perfect Sound Forever
Neil

Think it will be 1&1/8th... looks like a later Trek one. Nice buy at this price.

I joined the Bonty club last night... again, a 98 post trek buy out one... fell for the colours!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bontrager-Pri ... &rt=nc

:D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:24 am 
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 8679
Location: Sunny Cornwall
ringo wrote:
Neil

Think it will be 1&1/8th... looks like a later Trek one. Nice buy at this price.

I joined the Bonty club last night... again, a 98 post trek buy out one... fell for the colours!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bontrager-Pri ... &rt=nc

:D :D


Good score that, glad it was too big for me


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:31 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 pm
Posts: 161
Location: Cheshire
I was watching that one, I've got the '99 similar colours but in reverse. So have we agreed that this is a is this a post trek 1 1/8" head tube?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:30 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 1305
Location: Near Ilkley
Ah. You got that one did you ?
Roly had one in those colours.
Mine's like that but rasta. It's in the +98 section.

I'm keen on this one because I think I need to give
The rasta one to my missus as her 16" Race is knacking
Her back. So I 'need' a new one to put the boys seat on.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BCM, Bing [Bot], Dossa, Google [Bot], Hotwheels., kingbling, Ompelukone, theterrorwheel and 56 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group