Old school Hope Disc brake wheel

Beans

Retro Guru
IMG_8024.jpg

I dont even know what these are called. This is a DP22 rim in excellent condition built onto a hope hub which is designed specifically to go with a hope disc brake. Part of the brake holds the axle in place, I do not think it will work with anything else.

I also do not know how much these are supposed to be worth.

So I am going to say £50 posted just in case it is rare and valuable. But feel very free to hit me with offers.

Hiya there is a thread about these called hope disc brake timeline in the retro chat section.

Fwiw the hub isn't that rare although a close up to confirm would be nice. The disc carrier is a little more so being as its from the phase where Hope were playing with the number of holes and went from 6 to 3 to 5 fairly swiftly. If I'm not mistaken that mount will take standard modern 6 bolt rotors so apart from the fact the carrier is a chunky bit of metal it could be attractive to someone looking for a semi-modern brake set up.

If you search my posts you'll see what an older prototype rear cost me to buy - although it's not directly comparable to what you have there.

GLWS

Thanks,

but you see the axle is different on each side. The rotor side will not stay inside a fork end. I saw the brake on the bike this came off, it was a hope mechanical caliper which held the axle in place. Without it the wheel will not mount into forks.

Yea - I have 2 of those hubs one built up and one loose - they will fit either an enduro mechanical or a c2 hydro.

See bottom right but two.

64fe15d3438339711a73d47ff6f3ac28_zps1b57a841.jpg

Prototype disc carrier (note no lock ring)
E0F5A35E-83A9-450A-A040-73B34DFA0403-6397-00000B408D33C3D8_zps9d687b4a.jpg

Mr Panda":1sxvhykt said:
So I'm presuming you don't have the brake caliper to go with this?

:?:
If its a c2 to fit this needed there is one (well the correct half) on eBay right now. Ba5tard5 (tony) on here has a good stash of c2 stuff - although he did give a lot to me.

Back