SOLD - Something with only one bit of useful info

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Go on, take a risk with just this one bit of useful info, go on. If not, don't even contemplate asking for more info, I shall totally ignore any such requests and sell it to someone who loves risk and doesn't ask questions.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=262358

Didn't want it anyway ;)

I suppose there were three bits of useful info really, make, colour and diameter of steerer.

Re: Something with only one bit of useful info

funny one - there are a lot of weird things on this site and many pinches and bucket loads of salt are a pre-requisite otherwise you will get f'ed off to the max... blowing the steam via humorous posts is always the way to go :cool:

I get blanked all the time, even by PM, couple of weeks ago a seller advertised 2 rear mechs at a reasonable price that I've been after for ages. A reply on the thread and 2 PMs.... Nothing!
Got pissed off and took a punt on one via eBay in the end, luckily it arrived OK.

Can't see the point in starting a thread if you have no intentions of selling on here.

Made is not exactly a new chap on here, he may have decided to sell to someone who messaged him. Or a local rider, who knows.
Many posts are like that.
At least he edited it to show it was sold and let everyone know.

Kind of my point. Etiquette, courtesy, manners or just simple politeness would have been something expected of a long serving member of the community, or perhaps this allows special dispensation?

Its a bit like an eBay advert that has the text 'item for sale somewhere else so can be removed at any time' which is of course in breach of their rules but it is rife.

This does happen a lot on here, and I just expected better and perhaps more of someone who'd been a long standing member, but hey. Perhaps I will pick and choose who isell to, not based on who responds to my sale ads (or not) in order of response.

I could go on, but I think I've said enough. It would just be nice if we all played fair, were open with sale threads and didn't get swayed by the sly pm, which I'm sure is an issue others have raised before. In the case I'm taking the piss out of, info was missing, as we're pics and item condition, so unless you were intimately familiar with the item, surely it was reasonable to ask for the blanks to be filled before parting with money??

Oh, last point. Changing the title to SOLD I'd also pretty sly as no one who responded to the sale thread is notified of a change/post.

ishaw":fl17jb3n said:
Oh, last point. Changing the title to SOLD I'd also pretty sly as no one who responded to the sale thread is notified of a change/post.

I think that bit is in the FS rules, something along the lines of no need to bump the thread to say something is sold, just change the title.

I would feel a bit hard done by too if it was me but unfortunately there were no particular clauses posted in the original thread. Some say absolutely no dibs, some say dibs are fine, some say nothing. I like to make things clear in my thread to stop any confusion or disappointment.

I don't care about losing out on the item, for all I know it could have been in terrible condition (we may never know, I'd ask the buyer but.....), and was up for about the right price for a pace stem (so not a bargain), its more the principle in general of selling on here, this I guess was the straw that broke the camels back. I tend to go with the philosophy of treat others how you would like to be treated, but others seem to want to treat people however the hell they like, and who will most likely cry foul if they were on the receiving end of similar treatment.

I've aired my views now, stepping back.

Let me add remedy to this.

IF your luck is the same as mine...the exact same item will crop up two days later, half the price, with ten pics in high resolution and nobody will want it and, gets bumped up five times per week. AFTER you have paid for the first one :)

marc two tone":3utgm1mt said:
Let me add remedy to this.

IF your luck is the same as mine...the exact same item will crop up two days later, half the price, with ten pics in high resolution and nobody will want it and, gets bumped up five times per week. AFTER you have paid for the first one :)

that my friend is called sod's law :LOL: . always happens to me as well. :roll:

ishaw, there was time between his post and your post. Plenty of time for him to a pm and have gone and got pics and sent it. You may well have not been first in line.
Plenty deals via pm, there'd is no law not to. Dibs are not enforceable, technically mean nothing (in the rules). I've learnt to ignore them now.
No it wasn't me, first I saw of the post was your post. No he's not a good friend either.

Just saying it as I see it. He's done nothing wrong.

Back