Crystal Design Power Brakes II **SOLD**

dnbmatt28

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi

Crystal Design Power Brakes II brakeset, this is an early side-pull brake design (requires V brake levers) but takes cantilever pads (original Kool stop pads included). 'CNC machined from 7075-T6 aluminum'

This was/is NOS but it has been fitted but not used/ridden. I fitted the rear to check it out (see last photo), the cable goes to the drive side so you will need cable routing on the top/right of the top tube as per pic. The cable is fixed in position with a little gold barrel pinch bolt, this tightened by a 2mm allen key from both sides of the barrel (allen key included) so it doesn't have to be tightened too much to 'pinch' it. They look the business but the issue for me was there is no 'quick release' for the cable, so to remove the wheel you would either have to deflate the tyre - like you do on a road bike (not an issue if you get a puncture obviously!) or undo the pinch bolt. If you can live with that then these are a very nice rare set of brakes.

£90 UK Posted **SOLD**

Thanks
Matt

Attachments

• CD3.jpg
    CD3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 735
  • CD2.jpg
    CD2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 736
  • CD1.jpg
    CD1.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 737
Re: Crystal Design Power Brakes II

Kind of, but can't afford the asking. Missed out on a full nos set on eBay at a fair few pounds less than you want. I hate asking, but after any swaps?

Re: Crystal Design Power Brakes II

That may have been these, I haven't seen any others (there was complete silver set a while back), I bought these of Rob Atkin for the same price, he bought them NOS (one unopened, one without packet) from ebay at about the £90 mark. PM sent re swaps

Cheers
Matt

Re:

Hmm... nice brakes
I know, years ago but anyone here wanting to sell his Crystal Design brakes?
Thanks!!

Back