Huge Rock Shox Judy clear out (SL and XC)

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have been amassing forks like there is no tomorrow and have decided that 20+ sets of spare forks is verging on the silly, so some must go. First up are some Judy's, but don't worry, I am keeping a couple of pairs just in case :roll: .

All forks have been taken apart, cleaned as needed and the bushings have been given a liberal coating of Judy butter before being put back together, so they are in fine fettle and should continue to be for years to come.

I have listed them as they are pictured/built. I would be happy to swap bits around within reason, but I'd not want to go as far as moving dampers around now that they are fitted.

SOLD - Judy SL (1 inch 185mm steerer) - £70
These are in great condition cosmetically and functionally. Damper is working, NOS springs fitted (Judy type 3 in red), stations clean and unmarked from top to bottom. One of the RS decals is faded but I have a new one to include, and I can also include some new 'SL' decals for the lower legs as well, but there is nothing wrong with the ones on there, so didn't bother changing them myself.

SOLD - Judy SL (1 1/8 280mm steerer) - £60
These aren't quite in as good cosmetic condition as the pair above, but are still in pretty darned nice shape. The brace is not quite the same colour as the lowers, as I bought this separately and it had been resprayed, but it isn't far off. Again, NOS Judy type 3 springs in red fitted. The Crown/steerer assembly was sold to me as NOS, but it has had a crown race fitted then removed. It is alloy too despite being black - I have done the magnet test. This pair have also had a new damper fitted. No RS decals at the top of the legs, but I can supply a pair.

Judy SL (1 1/8 195mm steerer) - £40
Cosmetically there are more marks/scratches than the two pairs above, but are a good used set. I was tempted to keep these and fit to a bike for a low key but cool retro commuter, but I must resist and clear the decks. Internals are a yellow spring in one leg, elastomer stack (still supple) in the other. I can't vouch for the damper working on this set as I don't think there is any oil in it, though there are no signs of leakage or any marks to the piston so I think it can be refilled. Stantions aren't marked. Decals all present albeit a little dirty and peeling in places. Forgot to mention that the crown bolts aren't ti I'm afraid.

SOLD - Judy XC (1 1/8 threaded steerer 170mm) - £40
Cosmetically very nice set of Judy XC forks, a few scratches but nothing major. Damper is good in this set, and the internals are springs though I think these are for the heavier rider (they are silver). Stantions are good - one leg did have some minor pitting at the bottom, not much to speak of and I have applied some wet/dry which has done the trick and it is now smooth to the touch. Bolts are all standard, but I could supply with ti bolts (for the lower legs, brace and brake bosses) for an extra £10.

I have plenty of other Judy spares to part with, I haven't had time to work out what I need to keep for spares. I will certainly have some canti and v brake braces, various ti bolts from the SLs, a full set of cosmetically challenged but sound SL lowers, some pretty good but decal-less XC lowers, XC decals, seals, elastomers etc. I may even be persuaded to part with some carbon brake braces and a lovely CNC brake brace too?

Prices include UK postage, happy to ship overseas at cost. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_1816.JPG
    IMG_1816.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 888
Judy SL set 1

Attachments

• IMG_1817.JPG
    IMG_1817.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_1821.JPG
    IMG_1821.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_1820.JPG
    IMG_1820.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_1818.JPG
    IMG_1818.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 882
Judy SL set 2

Attachments

• IMG_1823.JPG
    IMG_1823.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_1830.JPG
    IMG_1830.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_1828.JPG
    IMG_1828.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_1826.JPG
    IMG_1826.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_1824.JPG
    IMG_1824.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 882
Judy SL set 3

Attachments

• IMG_1831.JPG
    IMG_1831.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_1836.JPG
    IMG_1836.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_1834.JPG
    IMG_1834.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_1833.JPG
    IMG_1833.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_1832.JPG
    IMG_1832.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 880
Judy XC

Attachments

• IMG_1837.JPG
    IMG_1837.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 877
  • IMG_1842.JPG
    IMG_1842.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 877
  • IMG_1841.JPG
    IMG_1841.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 877
  • IMG_1839.JPG
    IMG_1839.JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 877
  • IMG_1838.JPG
    IMG_1838.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 877
Judy SL (1 1/8 280mm steerer) - £60
These aren't quite in as good cosmetic condition as the pair above, but are still in pretty darned nice shape. The brace is not quite the same colour as the lowers, as I bought this separately and it had been resprayed, but it isn't far off. Again, NOS Judy type 3 springs in red fitted. The Crown/steerer assembly was sold to me as NOS, but it has had a crown race fitted then removed. It is alloy too despite being black - I have done the magnet test. This pair have also had a new damper fitted. No RS decals at the top of the legs, but I can supply a pair.

Cosmetically there are more marks/scratches than the two pairs above, but are a good used set. I was tempted to keep these and fit to a bike for a low key but cool retro commuter, but I must resist and clear the decks. Internals are a yellow spring in one leg, elastomer stack (still supple) in the other. I can't vouch for the damper working on this set as I don't think there is any oil in it, though there are no signs of leakage or any marks to the piston so I think it can be refilled. Stantions aren't marked. Decals all present albeit a little dirty and peeling in places.

Can I get more photos of the above two please Ian

dnbmatt28":23ra6m4x said:
Hi

Do you have a threaded 1 & 1/8th steerer tube 145mm long in the spare parts bin?

Thanks
Matt
Sorry Matt, I only have a couple of other steerers. One is the right length, but not diameter :(

rojo":3bnpj6c7 said:
Judy SL (1 1/8 280mm steerer) - £60

Can I get more photos of the above two please Ian
You can - pics up.

The set with long steerer would you swap the brace with the cheaper set ? So the brace is matching on the £60 forks then?

Latest posts

Back