Scott Montana 1992 Large (XL?). Any interest?

Mountian_man

Retro Newbie
Apologies for first post being a for sale but where better to find a good home for my trusty Scott?

So anyway, just gauging interest as I have no need for my old Scott Montana and would like to think it could go to a new home where it would be valued. I bought this bike 2nd hand when I first moved to Germany in 1994 and used it there for 6 years for summer commute to centre of Stuttgart. Since returning to UK in 2000 it has lain idle. So it has really not had a hard life. Last year I was tempted by some friends to get back into riding so I dragged the Scott out and spent some time and money doing it up. I fitted a new pair of Schwalbe Land Cruiser tyres, a new Shimano BB (like for like), new Shimano cables and I stripped hubs and steerer and repacked them with new grease. I also fitted new (Scott) grips thought the originals are still there, just a bit worn. The original saddle is also there but has a small hole at the back where it caught a door handle 19 years ago! Bike no rides as new and is really comfy and rock solid. However, while rebuilding it I bought a new modern suspension bike and have not really ridden the Scott since so think it would be best to sell it on.

So there you have it, near enough original, A1 mechanical condition with all original components other than BB and a brand bnew set of tyres. Would make a great commuter bike. The paint is pretty good colour wise but it has suffered quite a bit of chipping over the past 22 years so is far from perfect. Colour is pink/white/blue same as in this thread (the one with the dog). I will post pictures if anyone is interested.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139181

No idea of a value but as a good solid retro bike it is surely worth £150??

Back