Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:15 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:49 pm 

Hello,I am considering selling my 1999 WTB BON TEMPE.I bought it new in that year,it is one of only a dozen or so titanium Bon Tempes I am told by Steve Potts who I have had corespondence with over the years .it is not disc ready so I had it fitted with a Brake Therapy floating rear disc carrier which works very well,the bike retains the V brake mounts, though if the new owner wants to run discs I will sell it with the modified HOPE rear hub,(obviously built into a wheel) which carries the disc mount.it comes fitted with a HOPE titanium bottom bracket ,new bearings last year which is suitable for standard MTB cranks ,ie not compact ,I run race face I beams.the FRAMESET is well used but mechanically perfect,and is fitted with a DT XR carbon rear shock though I will probably refit the original Fox Vanilla coil over for the sale.The main pivots are upgraded from Aluminium to stainless steel (custom made) and comes with three set of main pivots and bushings,I am rubbish on computers and will post some images if there is interest but at this stage I have no idea how to post pictures.is anyone interested ,I have no idea how to price this ,whether the rarity is worth something or not,I just don't know,I would like to recoup my investment, and in total the FRAMESET,upgrades shock ,brake therapy mount and specific rear hub comes to around £4000. I honestly don't know what it's worth,what do you think ?

Register or login to remove these adverts

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:00 pm 
Retro Guru

£50...... :xmas-big-grin:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:38 pm 
Mr Darcy
Mr Darcy

Check out the 'what's it worth' thread, though with rare stuff who knows.

Please read the rules.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]