Decided to sell my PRST1 as I'm not going to use it as much as it deserves and the funds will help me finish the DeKerf.
You read that title right - the first owner did 10 road miles on it then stored it in his (heated) garage for 12 years. I bought it from him in Nov 2012, gave it a good service and did one dry 20 mile ride on it last month - it rode great; a bit like my 2004 Santa Cruz Blur.
Whyte PRST1 XTR / Superbike:
- Size Medium / 19" seat tube centre to top with 22.5" effective horizontal top tube (I'm 5'9 - fits me perfectly)
- Fox Float R Shocks - hold air perfectly
- XTR M950 9 speed shifters, front and rear mech, chain & cassette
- Middleburn Chainset and Rings
- Royce Titanium Bottom Bracket
- Hope Disc rims laced to Mavic X317 black rims
- Choice of Schwalbe Rocket Ron, Kenda Nevegal / Small Block 8, Geax Gato or new Charge Splashback tyres (and inner tubes)
- Hope 4-Pot Disc Brakes with 160 / 140mm rotors
- Easton MG60 Stem (100mm, not original to the bike)
- Easton Carbon Monkey Bars
- Cane Creek Headset
- USE Alien seatpost
- Selle Italia Flite Ti Saddle (brand new)
- No Pedals
- Includes original sales invoice dated 16/11/00 for £2695 from Noah's Ark and Owners CD Manual
Please see more info and photos here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=227246
Everything as new bar about half a dozen storage marks to the paintwork (I'll add photos of these later)
Its hard to put a price on this. Average condition ones with the standard spec seem to go for £500 - £600 and I've seen a couple of other "As New" ones go for £1500 on eBay. I'm going to start the batting at half the new price: £1350. Viewing and collection welcome from Warwickshire. I'll go halves on postage costs.
Also going on eBay in the next few days.
Any questions, let me know.
Riding: Pace RC200 F5 Fixie Road Warrior, '95 Saracen Kili Ultra Ti Singlespeed, '00 Whyte PRST1, '92 Peugeot Black Mamba
Ridden: '98 Specialized Stumpjumper M2, '96 Pace RC200 F5, '95 Orange P7, '95 Marin Team Titanium, '95 Marin Team Marin, '94 Marin Pine Mountain, '94 Kona Explosif
Building: '95 Dekerf
Will Ride: Orange Vitamin T?, Yeti ARC?, Rocky Mountain Ti-Bolt or Merlin Ti?, something with elevated chainstays?