1991 Klein Attitude Backfire Fuselage

mkozaczek

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
For sale 1991 Backfire Attitude. Medium, box crown fork, MC1, chain control device, solid bearings, new cable liners.

Frame is sort of an oddity as it's a late 1991 (black decals with white outlines indicate near 1992 production) and yet still has a box crown fork. This is an original Klein painted frame, it has not been touched up or repainted in any way. Fuselage shows signs of use with a some more significant scratches here and there. The colors are still very vibrant with barely any noticeable fade. I've gone over the frame with some polish and cleaned up some of the smaller scratches but have not gone beyond that.

I plan on listing the frame on eBay Thursday afternoon.

Seat tube: 16.5"
Top tube: 22.5"
Serial: A42C

MC1: 135mm, 5-10 degree rise, uncut 580mm length

Price: $2150 shipped to anywhere in Europe

Pictures here: http://public.fotki.com/mkozaczek/secon ... -attitude/

DSC_1369-vi.jpg

DSC_1370-vi.jpg

DSC_1375-vi.jpg

DSC_1382-vi.jpg

DSC_1383-vi.jpg

DSC_1371-vi.jpg

DSC_1372-vi.jpg

DSC_1373-vi.jpg

DSC_1374-vi.jpg

DSC_1387-vi.jpg

I am going to set up a Klein patination company to sit along side Jon and the the other chaps Klein painting companies. They paint and then I will hit the shit out of the things with a bag of nails to make them look used. And as anonymous Klein buyers have thousands to spend I will only charge $500 for the privilege.

mkozaczek":3s70km65 said:
Yeah that was quick. There will be others soon.
You should charge more the next time, it will probably sell to the same buyer even quicker!

pete_mcc":2k0mv2yi said:
You should charge more the next time, it will probably sell to the same buyer even quicker!

I thought my price was pretty fair for both sides. I've sold them for more and I've seen them sell for less.

It's a really cool color and it really would have made a great rider, but as I already have a 21" Attitude in the works I figured I'd let it go.

mkozaczek":9qxgwppq said:
Yeah that was quick. There will be others soon.

Who is the lucky buyer or is this is a brilliant sales tactic to establish a market price for future sales? In any case, congrats to you. Well done.

Back