Kona 1996 Project 2 forks

MTBchick

Dirt Disciple
Set of Kona Project 2 forks for sale. I'm looking for around £40 posted. They came off a 1996 Kona Koa. Still in good condition. A few marks and scratches but given the age, still in good nick. Decals in good condition though they do have a few scratches which hopefully the photos show. No disc mounts - v-brake bosses instead.

Attachments

• fork1.jpg
    fork1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,077
  • decal1.gif
    decal1.gif
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,076
  • decal2.gif
    decal2.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,074
  • drop out1.gif
    drop out1.gif
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,074
  • v boss1.gif
    v boss1.gif
    57 KB · Views: 1,078
Hi, are these triple butted, and could you measure the steerer for me and let me know how long it is please?

Sorry for late response to enquiries. Diameter of steerer is 28.5mm, which is standard, Length is 200mm. I've also noted there's a 1997 stamp on the steerer, so I should correct the year. No sign of a TB on it. Forgive my ignorance, but is there another way I can tell? Cheers

Had a good look. There are some very faded marks on the steerer but it looked more like SBM. That may make sense to you :D But certainly no sign of TB.

These are not the triple butted P2's you can tell by looking at the shape of the bottom of the fork, the tb versions are slightly concaved and where the drop outs meet are seamless where as with this version they are clearly welded on.Still good forks though :)

On a side note I believe this colour ahead P2 only came attached to a 1997 Kilauea unless bought separately which makes them pretty rare. All the lower models from that year (the first that Kona adopted the Aheadset) came with the spinner stamped heavier P2 fork. For '98 the colour changed to black for the P2 and I have never seen a '98 Tb fork.

Thanks for checking, I'm really only after a triple butted set (I've got double butted ones on a Kilauea at the moment, would like to get what it was supposed to have in the first place!) so I'll pass.

Back