I've decided that if I can sell this before I go on holiday at the end of May then I will. If I can't, I'll probably finish the build (much to the chagrin of my wife, so help me out!) later in the year.
See more photos and build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=250128
- '95 / '96 (I think) Saracen Kili Ultra Ti, (19" centre to top, 17" centre to centre, effective horizontal top tube: 22.5", headtube: 5", weight: 1620g!!!)). I rode this quite a lot as a singlespeed over winter and it was really nice. The condition of the frame is very good with no chainsuck. You can see that the decals have gone but Gil_M will be able to sort you a set for about £30. The driveside chainstay has seen the attention of a professional welder in the past. I've included some detailed shots. As you can see the weld has been done to a high standard. Its held up for the past 12 years so I can't see its going to be a problem. Its also mainly hidden from view by the chainset (especially if using a triple, rather than the single 36T ring in the photo) and the back tyre.
- NOS period correct Saracen Tange Ultralite fork. NOS and looks to be uncut steerer (although a star fangled nut has been installed). A very small amount of tarnish to the chrome on front of the crown. 1 1/8" steerer.
- XTR M900 STI shifters. In excellent condition and even include the now ultra rare rubber boots. As good as you'll get other than NOS.
- XTR M900 chainset. Polished and running M737 chainrings (no inner) with loads of life left. Tapers and threads all good. Include the ultra rare now chainbolt covers. 175mm long. Would look ace with some new XTR transfers.
- XTR M900 BB. As smooth as the day it left the factory. The threads on the separate cup which screws in the frame (on the right hand side on M900 XTR, not the usual left hand side) are quite worn but still engage, especially with a dab of locktite or similar. Only weighs about 250g which is 100g lighter than the more usual UN54.
- XTR M900 medium cage rear mech (takes up to 32T max sprocket size). This has a few grazes which could be polished out with a fine file. A few scratches to the black paint which could easily be touched up. The springs and pivots are all good but it needs new jockey wheels.
- Virtually unused Mavic 217 Sunset rims laced via straight guage stainless spokes to M900 XTR hubs. The front rim has no measurable brake surface wear, the rear about 1/2mm. They are cosmetically excellent with only minor lifting to the stickers. The hubs are still silky smooth and in excellent cosmetic condition. The Charge Splashback tyres are new and unused - only fitted today. I'll include the original packaging if you want to sell on.
- Thomson 26.8mm x 400mm black seatpost - almost new when I bought it 6 months ago. The seatclamp is generic but works fine.
The stem, bars, saddle and front mech are needed for other bikes so are not for sale (unless its a deal breaker).
I'd prefer to sell as the complete package but will split in to the following modules
- Complete package as above: £580 posted
- Frame, Fork, Seatpost: £275 posted
I'll only sell the bits once the frameset is gone
- Wheels and tyres (no skewers): £160 posted
- M900 XTR STI, chainset, BB and rear mech: £180 posted
Riding: Pace RC200 F5 Fixie Road Warrior, '95 Saracen Kili Ultra Ti Singlespeed, '00 Whyte PRST1, '92 Peugeot Black Mamba
Ridden: '98 Specialized Stumpjumper M2, '96 Pace RC200 F5, '95 Orange P7, '95 Marin Team Titanium, '95 Marin Team Marin, '94 Marin Pine Mountain, '94 Kona Explosif
Building: '95 Dekerf
Will Ride: Orange Vitamin T?, Yeti ARC?, Rocky Mountain Ti-Bolt or Merlin Ti?, something with elevated chainstays?