'97 Orange P7 with alu F14 fork

tachycardia

Dirt Disciple
'97 Orange P7 with alu F14 fork

cI7kU8O.jpg

sovmHpZ.jpg

15" BB to centre top tube - 17" BB to top of seat tube. 1 1/8th head tube. BB threads, dérailleur hanger, brake posts and drop-outs are all in good condition

Really nice & light, curved alu F14 fork with reverse brake mounts. These may be pretty rare as they only turn up a couple of mentions after a search on here.

Paint in good nick, scratches from the band-on mech, 1"-2" of chain suck (not down to metal) and some general scrapes and chips as has been a rider. Decals are OK but the P7 and F14 ones are pretty tatty as you can see.

Comes with cheapy headset, bolt-on Crud-Catcher and funny sized seatpost. Think it's a 29.8mm, more knowledgeable sorts on here may correct me.

No seat post clamp I'm afraid as the one I had disintegrated at an inopportune moment!

£100 for all of the above + postage.

Happy to answer questions, take measurements and photos.

Thanks for looking!

OK, I must be asking too much!

Price now 140 posted and I've found the Orange Hot Rod flat bar which goes with this. I'll chuck that in too, it's been chopped down to 560mm though...

Sunday price drop, I should have done more searching on the forum to find out the value of this. I obviously love this bike to value it so highly ;)

Now asking for £100, for frame + fork, headset, seatpost and handlebar.

Collection welcome from Brighton, can post at cost.

Thanks

Nice frame, classic colour, excellent price, pity I haven't got the space.

It is in fact a 98 frame (even if the serial number says it was made in 97). 98 was the year they went over to 1 1/8 and when they used those reverse brake bosses on the forks.

Thanks Anthony, I knew there'd be some knowledgeable types about :). Should I ask to have the topic moved now it's post '97??

Still, a lovely frame, too small for me although I did ride it for a bit. Someone must want it!?

tachycardia":1jjyyhgo said:
Thanks Anthony, I knew there'd be some knowledgeable types about :). Should I ask to have the topic moved now it's post '97??
I would leave it to the mods to decide personally. Sadly I'll have to sell my 98 E4 soon owing to lack of space, and I was intending to ask for it to be shown here, simply because I think it would be more useful for the members - I just think the people who might be interested in the bike are most likely to look here.
[plus my 98 E4 was certainly made in 1997!]

Hey ya
I'm interested in the frame, and so wondering if you might be able to take a few more closer up photos of the frame/paint job for me please?

I actually only live alone the coast in Seaford so could certainly pop along to pick it up if I go for it.

ta
Graham

Hi Graham,

I'll take some more photos tonight, maybe tomorrow as it'll be best under natural light. You're more than welcome to come and view too. Available most evenings and on the weekend.

Paul

Back