[1994?] Red Kirk - Good condition - and Cook's E spares

Rameses! Collossus!

Dirt Disciple
Hey Guys,

I thought that maybe anyone over there might be interested in a very well preserved Kirk MTB. Over here nobody really knows'em. It's my dad's and he never really rode it. 200 miles absolute max. All city rides. :roll: The only scratches it has are on saddle and handlebar tape. Merely from pushing aside in the cellar.
I believe it is a 1994, if that's the year Shimano built the Exage.

But have a look:

154094985_f7177516c5_o.jpg

154094986_2ca9233d6f_o.jpg

154094987_7f060b10d9.jpg
154094988_3b6f4fe508.jpg

154094990_f8c330e4fc_o.jpg

I don't know how much shipping will be and this also would have influence on the price, I think. We'd figure something.

Oh- and if someone just tinkers with Cook's E's:

- Cook Bros E-Crank Spyder 110 ano dark blue, condition near perfect (mounted once and used for ten days)

- Cook Bros E-Crank Spyder 94 ano red, still really good - if you like I'd give with the two original bigger chain rings (42 and 30)

Have a nice weekend - David

Hello David,
That's a clean looking Kirk, has your Dad owned it from new and did he buy it in Germany? I've got a website on Kirk Bicycles and a few red Kirks have appeared, but they were never sold here. Some have old Kirk Precision stickers and it's a shame yours is missing them, are there any at all on the bike?

I think it is a later model, because of the 2 through bolts just above the rear axle. Kirks were prone to coming apart here and it was a late modification to try and stop it happening.

Also, does it have a serial number on the inside of the rear stays? Thanks. Simon.

Hi Simon,

yes, he ownes it first hand. Bought it from a dealer I used to work for some 10 years ago in Weimar, Germany. The shop had 2 of the Kirks, the other one in the most ugly violet you ever saw. But better set up, if I rememeber correctly. And it had the stickers. The red one never did.
Also the violet one was my dad's before, but had exactly the crack you're talking about. So he got the red one as warranty replacement. It's too long ago, but I can ask my dad and the dealer, if you need complete stories. ;)

Just asked for the number. Will post it here asap. Thanks for your interest. David

Jez, sorry for not sending pics yet. Barely have time and am still lacking of a digicam. You're not in a hurry , are you?

Hi,
It's another one of those questions I need to ask Frank Kirk, as the serial numbers seem to go backwards, but he's too busy at the moment. My original Kirk MTB didn't have the frame break mods and the number was L103096 and I've been helping another Kirk owner get his on the road and his starts with an A (and it has full frame mods). The Kirk I've just done up only had partial frame mods, but it starts with a C.

Any info you can get from your dad or the dealer might be interesting and worth adding to my website. Thanks. Simon.

Any idea if the e crank spider will fit my f crank if so, how much for the red one if you've still got it and have u got a pic?

Back