1995 Kilauea - Original White - 18" - PRICE DROP!!!

NakedGav

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've been wrestling with this decision for a few weeks now but I've finally decided to bite the bullet and sell my Kilauea. It's a difficult choice as she rides beautifully and just looks "right" (to me anyway).
It's a 1995 model in white, Kona size 18" but I will confirm actual top and seat tube dimensions later when I get a tape on the frame.
The paintwork is all original as are the decals so obviously being 18 years old there are knocks and marks but overall it's in pretty good condition. I have a set of new decals from Gil that I will include, I got them when I got the frame but never got round to fitting them.
Photos can be see on the build thread HERE but if you want more or any close ups of cable rubs, chips, etc just ask and I can email them over.
Spec wise is factory/period correct and is as below.
Price wise I'm looking for £250 collected from Nottingham/local meet. I'm happy to post at cost but would prefer collection/meet as I'd like the buyer to fully inspect before parting with cash.

Now £225 collected

Frame: 1995 Kona Kilauea
Fork: Joe Murray Project 2

Headset: Joe Murray Control Centre
Stem: Joe Murray Velocity
Handlebar: Kona Race Lite
Grips: Ritchey True Grip

Brakes: Shimano M737 XT
Brake Pads: Shimano M737 XT
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano M System
Brake Levers: Kona

Shifters: Gripshift SRT600
Front Derailleur: Shimano M737 XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano M737 XT
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: Shimano 11/28
Chain: KMC
Cranks: Shimano M737 XT
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Shimano Hyperdrive C 22/32/42
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN91
Pedals: Shimano M737 XT

Hub Skewers: Shimano M737 XT
Rims: Mavic 217
Hubs: Shimano M737 XT Parallax
Tyres: Continental Cross Country 1.5

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite (re-trimmed in perforated grey leather)
Seatpost: Kona Race Lite
Seatpost Binder: Kona
Dog Collar: Kona

Re: 1995 Kilauea - Original White - 18"

:D Lovely :D

I'll be looking for something like this in errrrrrm 6 months but at present I have 16 bikes/frames/projects and that's not including the motor cycles so some have to go first :oops:

GLWTS

If by a freak of nature it's still around in he future I'd be very interested :D

Damn...you cant make it a 20" :)

seems like a great price to me.

GLWS

Fantastic tempting bargain, someone needs to take this out of my sight whilst I still have a home/girlfriend/testi... :shock:

elPedro666":1sxme596 said:
Fantastic tempting bargain, someone needs to take this out of my sight whilst I still have a home/girlfriend/testi... :shock:

substitute GF for wife and that's me too

so +1

I'm just hoping he puts it away for me till my wife is working away :D

elPedro666":39unvl28 said:
......someone needs to take this out of my sight whilst I still have a home/girlfriend/testi... :shock:

Kona Tone":39unvl28 said:
substitute GF for wife and that's me too

I think you should both just man up and stop letting your women dictate your collections......................................................................says the man selling 2 bikes so he can try and sneak one more in without his wife noticing :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Darn it, if only it was a little larger and I'd be there too. Lovely bike!

JT

Back