For Sale Frontiera MTB Campagnolo components - early 1990s

laurie18

Dirt Disciple
bgtsf6.jpg

I am not a regular on this site but I did post in the readers MTB section last year asking for information about this bike.

viewtopic.php?t=206160

I am not sure if the above link will work, if it does it should take you to the information that was provided by other members about the bike.

I have owned this bike for about 11 years, I purchased it at a time when I was looking for Campagnolo MTB components for a Raleigh Dyna-Tech I was rebuilding. I had intended to transfer the components but I could not bring myself to do it and it has been stored in the house ever since.

I believe this bike/frame was made Border Cycles, Carlisle in the late 80s or early 90s. It is very similar in looks and style to the early Orange bikes and possibly the frame built by Paul Donohue - please see thread in readers MTB section.

The frame is approximately 17" from the centre of the bottom bracket to the intersection the seat and top tubes. It has Campagnolo Euclid group set with Mavic rims and pedals, Reynolds 531 handlebar stem and a turbo saddle. Frame tubes are Tange Prestige CR-MO double butted.

The bike is not perfect but is in remarkable unrestored original condition, there can't too many early MTBs of this quality and spec still around. I have only put up one photo as I can't seem to reduce the size to a suitable level.

I am looking for around £850, it would be nice if this lovely UK built bike could stay here and remain intact but obviously I have no control over that and hoping it may find a more sympathatic owner on this site rather than on ebay. If you are enthusiastic about owning a bike of this type please feel free to make an offer.
I can email mainy specific detailed pics if there is something you want to see
Thanks for looking

laurie
07711 874009
fletcherlaurence@hotmail.com

Re: For Sale Frontiera MTB Campagnolo components - early 199

Finding this very hard to resist!

Someone buy it quick!, Sinnerman?

Vinevo":n5ir17lh said:
Someone buy it quick!, Sinnerman?

Please tell me someone has bought this, to keep, and not split for the Campagnolo.

That would be CRIMINAL..... :facepalm:

Looks like it's still available, now if we had some sort of Retrobike investment fund and a museum to display them all in this surely would have to be in it!

So glad this is too big for me! GLWS

Back