Rock Shox SID sl SOLD

ti-fat-man

Senior Retro Guru
I need another type of SID for my project.
condition as per the pics. I would recommend a service, as a ball runs free up and down the right leg, something I never got round to investigating.
£55 posted (paypal gift)

RockShoxSID009_zps2fc040c9.jpg

RockShoxSID012_zps02b37511.jpg

RockShoxSID016_zps282353f3.jpg

Re: Rock Shox SID sl

I may be interested in these, could you elaborate on the "ball running free up and down the legs"??

Are these in a rideable condition straight out of the box??

Would you prefer me to pm instead of posting up on here?

Re: Rock Shox SID sl

What I mean about the loose ball inside the leg, can better be described as like something sliding up and down a shaft or something. Not like some part that is loose and free inside the leg, rattling around. It appears to be dependant on the adjustment made to the red cap on that fork leg. Kinda runs slow on one speed and even slower with more adjustment. Turning the fork over and over. Not knowing much about the inners other than this leg has the fluid, that might be a factor. The other leg has both car type valves top and bottom. Doing the push test, the fork operates and the stroke changes with input on the red fork top adjuster. I did download the RS service manual ages ago, will try to hunt it down,later when I get home.
Long steerer that has a chamfered end, in 1 1/8. Maybe never cut.
I have only tested the fork by pushing, and test fitted it to a frame. Has never leaked any fluids since my ownership, but a service or knowledge would be a benifit.

Back