1988 MARIN PINE MOUNTAIN FRAME & FORKS *SOLD*

Antstark

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Ok...so here's one for the Marin enthusiasts on here.

Your chance to get hold of a 1988..yes 88! Joe Murray designed Marin Pine Mountain F&F in original silver lilac.

These are pretty rare, in fact I have only ever seen one other in the flesh..and that's also in my shed.

18" lugged Tange Prestige frame with lugged uni-crown Tange MTB fork. These were one of the first mass produced Prestige framed bikes on the market in the UK.

Includes:-

Original Hatta Vesta 1" headset..feels smooth but a lttle loose, not had it apart so consider it ornamental rather than functional.

Nice MT60 Deore U brake with original pads (Pads show little wear)

Original Kalloy QR

The super cool Marin 1" roller quill stem

I will also throw in a very nice MT60 cup n' cone BB for an extra £5 if wanted.

Condition:-

Overall it shows little sign of use and abuse. Check out the pics of the usual wear spots on the chainstays etc...there isn't any of any note.

It does however have numerous small surface rust spots which is not uncommon on these and especially considering it is 25 years old.

The decals on this one are also a little odd. I think it is one of the last 88 frames and these may have been dealer rather than factory applied. They are all original Marin though.

If anyone wanted to consider a restore on this then Gil_m has these decals on file and the nicer (IMO) earlier decals. Check out Harry Crumbs build thread for pics of the earlier decals.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=166835

Measurements etc

Seat tube is 18" C-C
Top Tube is 22" C-C
Chainstays 16"
BB Shell is 68mm
Seatpost size is 26.4mm
Rear hub spacing is 130mm I think......will confirm
Stem 110mm with 25 ish degrees of rise.

Price is Paypal gift (or add 5% fees) delivered in the UK. Overseas I would need to pack it, weigh it and then get a quote...so wont be fast.

£80

Attachments

• PM roller stem.JPG
    PM roller stem.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,008
  • lugged forks.JPG
    lugged forks.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,004
  • lug_prestige.JPG
    lug_prestige.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 1,004
  • PM_2.JPG
    PM_2.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • PM_1.JPG
    PM_1.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,008
Re: 1988 MARIN PINE MOUNTAIN FRAME & FORKS

more pics to come

Attachments

• PM_3.JPG
    PM_3.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 995
  • U Brake.JPG
    U Brake.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 994

Hi
If you decide to split, I would be interested in the stem, I've been looking for a Marin 22.2 (assuming the quill is 22.2!) for my Palisades.
Cheeky i know, but always worth asking.

:D

Hi Ken

No intention of splitting really as it is a great match with the frame. Will see what happens though.

Did you wonder where those levers and cantis came from :D :D

KenG":2nya7h4u said:
Hi
If you decide to split, I would be interested in the stem, I've been looking for a Marin 22.2 (assuming the quill is 22.2!) for my Palisades.
Cheeky i know, but always worth asking.

:D

Aaaaah! now i see!
Bear me in mind though for that lovely stem, unless you have another lurking somewhere.

GLWTS :D

Now that looks like a great starting point for a project, bargain price too I reckon, GLWS.

Wow :shock: very old and very VERY nice. I'm sure there will be a buyer along any minute! GLWS

Now SOLD
How right you were Craig. Lovely frames these......just need to get on with my other one now :D

chiswickcollectables":31r5q087 said:
Wow :shock: very old and very VERY nice. I'm sure there will be a buyer along any minute! GLWS

Back