For sale is my 1995 Marin Team Marin, size 15.5" centre to centre or 17.0" centre to top.
I bought it recently from its original owner. He got a bit confused about the sizing and its slightly too small for me. However, when it arrived it was too nice to send back. I also felt I needed to make it look like it should by removing the slick tyres, mud guards, high rise stem and rack.
I've fitted the correct saddle, stem and Marin Quake 7 Tyres and given it a very thorough wash and polish. It looks great now!
It has hardly been used and had spent most of its time hung in the previous owner's heated garage. He used it as a fair weather pub bike so its in immaculate original condition, bar a few minor blemishes thus:
- Frame and Fork: A few minor paint scratches here and there. They are all paint blemishes only - none are rough or gone in to the metal and since the paint is almost metal colour anyway, you can only really see them up close: Below "Tange" badge on seat tube (photo), one on rear left dropout cowl, one on top of seatpost behind QR lever - looks like its from a ring when QR has been opened and closed. There are also scratches around chainstay bridge where a stand was fitted: Two small circuar chips on the top of the chainstays (photo) and longer ones on the bottom. Two very minor scratches half way along drive side chainstay.
- There is one scratch on the handlebar and several on the bar ends - again rub marks, not rough gouges of any kind.
- The seatpost has been moved up and down so some marking from this. It may well polish out fully with wire wool or similar but I haven't tried.
- Both gear selector housings have cracked slightly with age around the fixing screws.
- The stem does not have a top cap.
On the plus side the rims look like they have never been touched by the brake blocks, all the stickers are excellent, the adjustment markings on the brake cantis are unmarked and the drivetrain is also as good as new.
Bearing in mind it is original and not restored, I would say its about as good as you could expect - 95% as new condition.
For all photos and some positive comments from other Retrobikers, see the "Readers MTB" post here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=
I'm after £495. I'll consider close offers, especially for pick up rather than delivery. I'm based in Southam, Warwickshire
NOTE BIKE SOLD FOR £495 POSTED.
Riding: Pace RC200 F5 Fixie Road Warrior, '95 Saracen Kili Ultra Ti Singlespeed, '00 Whyte PRST1, '92 Peugeot Black Mamba
Ridden: '98 Specialized Stumpjumper M2, '96 Pace RC200 F5, '95 Orange P7, '95 Marin Team Titanium, '95 Marin Team Marin, '94 Marin Pine Mountain, '94 Kona Explosif
Building: '95 Dekerf
Will Ride: Orange Vitamin T?, Yeti ARC?, Rocky Mountain Ti-Bolt or Merlin Ti?, something with elevated chainstays?