FS:Giant Cadex CFM 3 Frame, Forks, Stem, Bars, Seatpost etc.

cyclinggardener

Retro Guru
One Giant Cadex CFM 3 in fetching purple, pearlescent white and bear carbon finish.

I had every intention of stripping this, building (bolt on) track ends and single speeding her. I went as far as buying some alloy plate and booking time on a friends milling machine but it never happened.

Here's what you get:

Frame: the lacquer is peeling in places but that'll make it easier to strip it, you're going to strip it anyway, right? There's no damage to the tubes tho, it's just the lacquer. The lovely sparkly white paint is sadly worn in places. I had to drill flats in one of the drop out bolts to get it out and there are 3 marks about 1mm deep but they're not going to cause any problems. There is consequently 1 frame bolt missing. These cost less than 3 quid for 50 at Screwfix.

Forks: There is surface rust showing on the top of the (lovely steel) forks but they're straight and sound. With mudguard eyes.

Seatpost: I'm pretty sure this is the original 30mm seat post. I expect it could be polished up nice again.

Stem and bars: original purple jobbies.

Seatpost clamp: I could have sworn I had the original but can't find the bits at the minute. Assume it's not included. Basic bolt is included tho.

The headset is shot.

Threads: bb and rear mech threads are fine.

Aluminium Plate / Sheet: 250mm x 250mm x 6mm 6082 aluminium. Enough to make 16 drop outs by my sums.

£65 collected from Brighton (much preferred) Shipping by negotiation.

Attachments

• 1-drive-side.jpg
    1-drive-side.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 3,192
  • 2-non-drive.jpg
    2-non-drive.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 3,192
  • drive-bb.jpg
    drive-bb.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 3,190
  • drive-head-tube.jpg
    drive-head-tube.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 3,192
  • non-drive-bb.jpg
    non-drive-bb.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 3,193
  • non-drive-drop-out.jpg
    non-drive-drop-out.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 3,191
  • non-drive-head-tube.jpg
    non-drive-head-tube.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 3,194
I'm interested just got to try and talk the other half around to why I need another frame lol. How much would you want for postage.

Re: FS:Giant Cadex CFM 3 Frame, Forks, Stem, Bars, Seatpost

Ancient thread resurrection, loft clear out and price drop £70 collected.

Back