FS Retro Middleburn RS-DH Cranks - Blue

Rae

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
For Sale:
A pair of extra strong Middleburn RS-DH 175mm cranks in blue. Classic 5 arm design and perfect for a retro build project. These came off my X-lite / Raleigh Ti bike: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=197265 and were purchased new by me in ~1997. They were used on my bike for a few years, and then the bike was in my garage unused for the next decade.

As such, these cranks are used but in good condition, with the usual superficial scuffs all cranks acquire over time. I've not polished these out, but I'm sure if you were handy with a bit of emery you could get them looking pretty sweet. Cranks have been removed from bike only twice, the tapers are tight / good condition and undamaged. The spider is tight and creak free, and has never been removed. Pedal threads are in very good condition too, with no hint of any cross-threading.

These cranks are the slightly heavier and less common DH version of the Middleburn design, so if, like me, you are worried about bending cranks, these are the babies for you. They are still light enough for XC, weighing a sprightly 486g for the pair.

Asking £65, which includes recorded delivery postage to UK address. Paypal, cheque, collect in person (Aberdeen) or bank transfer all welcome.

I don't use paypal gift - I'd not be comfortable buying from anyone insisting on payapl gift so I don't expect you to do so either.

Any questions feel free to drop me a note.

Cheers
Rae

Attachments

• _MG_8847.JPG
    _MG_8847.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 1,380
  • _MG_8846.JPG
    _MG_8846.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 1,380
  • _MG_8844.JPG
    _MG_8844.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 1,380
do you know if Middleburn made a 4 bolt spider with that particular fitting, all I can find is the spline type?

just had a reply from Middleburn and they do not make a 4 arm square taper spider for these cranks, gutted :(

Yep, I had a look too and couldn't see any 4 arm Middleburn spiders for square taper either. Chainreaction have quite a few Middleburn 5-bolt chainring sets, most with 20% or more off at the moment, which might be worth a look if you are after some good quality chainrings to go with these cranks.
Cheers
Rae

Back