Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:16 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:59 pm 
Retro Guru

Sold, ebay, $389 plus postage.

Alright, I have to sell this along:

1988 Scott Boulder, all original except for seatpost and grips. Shimano Deore FD, RD, Pedals, Shifters, canti front/rear U brakes-note that the shifter bodies and brake levers are black-I've never seen that before with Deore parts. Scott branded, gold ano bars, Scott saddle, Tange Levin CD headset. The wheelset is freaking sweet-black Weinmann 26x1.75 hard ano concave rims laced to stunning high flange, pewter anodized Suzue touring hubs with sealed cartridge bearings. Original ChenShin tires, all cables and outers original, original Shimano brake pads (cracking).

The frame is awesome, Tange 'Special' double butted chromoly with a partial wraparound seatstay, spare spokes/chainslap protector on the drive chainstay and a curved seatstay bridge. Fork is most likely Tange, it's in beautiful shape and has rack/pannier bosses-how handy is that? The paint is yellow metallic-it's hard to see the metallic effect in the pics, but in direct sunlight it really pops.

Condition is mostly spectacular, some rust on the skewers, fresh paint chips on the top tube (short-term previous owner's careless lock placement :cry: ), minor chainsuck, a few scratches on the chainstays (also very recent) and the BB needs to be tightened/greased but feels fine. The cap for the left shifter is a little marred up as well, and the brake levers have a few scratches.

Size is 19" (48cm) measured center of bb to top to top tube, with a 21.5" (44 cm) top tube and a standover height of about 30" (76cm).

I've searched around quite a bit, this appears to be a pretty rare bike, and the build is totally unique and well thought out. It's an absolute joy to ride, I was grinning as wide as the handlebars cruising around before I took the pictures.

Register or login to remove these adverts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:57 am 

That is one nice bike you had there. I just picked up this exact frame, and I am planning on rebuilding it into a single speed for commuting. I have a question regarding the bottom bracket, what brackets will fit this frame, the one that I have on it is all clogged up and not moving freely.