Almost n.o.s. 1993 Marin Bear Valley SE - time warp bike

jimbo-xc

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Decided this is too good for me to mess up by riding (got plenty of bikes for that) so here is the chance to buy a virtually good as new 1993 Bear Valley SE in 19" frame size (17.5" centre to centre.) A £500 bike when new.
Recently acquired from the original mature owner who used it about 4 times, I rode it home about 2 miles & that is all the use it has had. It is in stunning original condition with no wear to anything. Look hard & you might just see the odd clue that this bike is 19 years old but there is surely no question - you won't find better.
It has a non standard (bigger) Marin Lite seat, changed at point of purchase & the grips were changed before I bought it as the originals were disintegrating with age. I have removed the reflectors & they are in a bag with the owners handbook & Shimano service leaflets.
Kit is black LX STI & mechs, Black Exage cantis, Exage 110 bcd 26/26/46 cranks, Exage apple core hubs. Marin Lite finishing kit & tyres. Rockstar forks.
Price is a mere £240 collected or will post at cost (£15?) Prefer not to post though - I could deliver in South West for cost of diesel.

Attachments

• P2150001.JPG
    P2150001.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 3,989
Two time-capsule Marins in the same forum on the same day..?!

I can't see either of them staying around for very long :)

What a find. I had one the same till some runt pinched it. Bomb proof bike I just wish I had the money. I don't think you will have it long

lovely bike
wish i jumped at it when it first appeared for sale
should sell quickly
would be interested but im picking another bike up tomorrow

kirbdug :D

I know some one who want one of those. Wont see them till after 10 am.

Have checked with the interested party. But they are sorted now. Thanks
(was this on ebay recently?)

Thanks for asking anyway.
No, it's not been on ebay but it might be if no-one on here snaps it up. Worse still, I might split it for parts - reckon there is at least £300 worth like that. Don't want to, this beauty needs to stay in one piece, but I need to make space as likely to be moving house later this year & I'll be lucky to get such a big garage next time.

still available. Although I said I'd rather not post I will do if anyone is interested beyond collection/delivery range. Add £15 & I'll entrust it to Royal Mail.

Latest posts

Back