GT Backwoods 1996 - Mint Hardly ridden since new - BUMP

Daz5182

Dirt Disciple
I'm gutted to let this go but needs must.

The bike is a GT Backwoods 1996 in polished aluminium with Yellow and red graphics.

This bike has had a few bits changed but I have got ALL of the original parts in case you wanted it back to standard.

I can't really stress how good this bike is, it's hardly got any marks on it and they are only from storage, honesly it shines like a new bike and it is the closed thing you'd get to NOS!

Frame is 20" but more like an 18" I'm 6'1" and it fits me fine, but it'd fit someone shorter or a bit taller.

Standard spec below:

MSSP: $649.95
20"
Brushed alloy
Frame & Fork:Welded aluminum, Frame Tubing Material, 7005 aluminum
Fork Brand & Model: GT
Fork Material: Chromoly, unicrown crown
Component Group: Shimano STX/Alivio
Brakeset: Shimano AceraX M-System brakes, Shimano Alivio levers
Shift Levers: Shimano Alivio MC15-C RapidFire Plus
Front Derailleur: Shimano Alivio top-swing, bottom-pull/clamp-on 31.8 mm
Rear Derailleur: Shimano STX
Crankset: Shimano Alivio, 24/34/42 teeth
Pedals: Victor VP-517S
Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-LP26, 113 mm spindle
BB Shell Width: 73mm English
Rear Cogs: 8-speed, 11 - 28 teeth
Chain: Shimano CN-IG30, 1/2 x 3/32"
Seatpost:Kalloy SP-263, 27.0 mm diameter
Saddle: Vetta TT Tri-Shock, chromoly rails
Handlebar: GT alloy
Stem: GT chromoly
Headset: 1 1/8" threadless Tioga
Wheels
Mavic 238, 32-hole
Tires: 26 x 2.10" WTB VelociRaptor

The changes i have made are:

Tektro levers in black - 2 finger
Shimano rapid fire shifters
Red flat pedals
Slick tyres with red side walls
GT Low riser bars
Red GT Grips
Rock Shox Indy S NOS 1996 Forks
Black alloy bottle holder
Black adonised frame bolts

For the bike standard i'd take £200 and with the bits I'd want £250

backwoods2.jpg

I'd be very interested in the original forks if a purchaser wants to keep the bike as you have it built.

I miss my old backwoods. Would buy this off you if I had space and wasnt happy with my newly built Zaskar.

Re: GT Backwoods 1996 - Mint Hardly ridden since new

right then, this is back up for sale, I'd ideally want £200 but would be open to offers.... PM me, this bike is mont and hardly ridden since new, since i have had it it has covered 5 miles tops

I don't understand GT sizing. My LTS was 16" and as big when built as my 20" On-One. My 20" Zaskar was MASSIVE 23" centre to top and I saw an 18" Arrowhead that was the same size as my On-One. How do they measure or do they just make it up as they go along?

all i know is that this is 18" and i'm 6"1" and it fits me fine!

Anyone want to buy this bike?

Thanks

Logic.Al":xbvz0xd7 said:
I don't understand GT sizing. My LTS was 16" and as big when built as my 20" On-One. My 20" Zaskar was MASSIVE 23" centre to top and I saw an 18" Arrowhead that was the same size as my On-One. How do they measure or do they just make it up as they go along?

Centre to centre, so my old 16" GT was more like an 18. Your 20" will be massive, I am 6ft 2 and had a 19" zaskar for a while and that was huge!

Back