Large Fat Chance Shock-a-billy

stanlee

BoTM Winner
I thought I'd post here before I put it up on eBay. I plan to ask $1800 OBO for everything.

Frame:

Size large, steel full suspension bike. Team blue original paint. Serial number SBL013. Frame was ordered with no brake housing stop for the rear brake. Water bottle cage mounts on the top of the down tube and on the bottom of the down tube. The rear swing arm has a gusset added by Fat City. These frames came with spring loaded, ball bearing sealed, oil zerks for the main and swing link pivots. The original oil applicator is included and 3-n-1 oil was originally recommended and has only been used.

Rear shocks:

Original Fox 4R. It has a crack in the stanchion and will not maintain air pressure.

Custom made Risse Terminator. External adjustable volume air chamber to adjust the compression spring rate. Rebound is externally adjustable via a lever.

Custom made air Manitou shock with air negative spring. This shock is mounted now and it easily the best performing shock the frame has had. It also offers the lowest amount of travel.

Parts:

Titec Hell-bent silver handlebar. Ritchey Comp stem. Turquoise King headset.

Flite saddle mounted to Titanium Syncros 29.4 seat post (no shim).

XT thumb shifters. Paul brake levers. Grafton front brake with all titanium hardware. XT rear V-brake. XT front der. XTR rear der.

UN-72 bottom bracket. Ritchey Sugino crank. Ti 14mm crank bolts and washers. 737 pedals.

Bullseye hubs from a Trek 8700. Front rim is Mavic 217 CD ceramic. Rear is Fuzetech metal matrix. Steel Salsa flip-off skewers. Bontrager ACX tires.

Fork:

Manitou X-vert super at 100mm travel. It has a bolt on cable stop for the front brake.

Original fork:

Original Judy SL painted to match the frame. The fork is currently partially disassembled. Risse Gem cartridge is in need of rebuilding. White Bros steel strings. Replacement stanchions in the original packaging. The lowers likely need new bushings.

Spare parts:

There is a full assortment of spare parts for the rear suspension. All the parts are from Fat City. There are coated aluminum press-in bushings for the main and swing link pivots. There are fiber type bushings and plastic washers for the other pivots. All the pivots have replacement rubber seals of various sizes. There is an unused main pivot axle as well as used main and swing link pivot axles. There are shims for the swing link pivot.

Commentary:

The frame is in very good shape. The paint is shiny in most places. It does have some chips and some areas of the frame have been touched up over time. There are no dents. The original fork could be rebuilt and mounted but the X-vert makes the bike a bit funner to ride.

I ordered this bike at Interbike in Anaheim, the last year the show was in Anaheim from Chris Chance himself. I remember waiting for about 10 months. One afternoon working in the shop, I received a phone call asking what color I wanted my frame. I was surprised that I was that high up on the waiting list and the reason was I was the first large on the list of public buyers. My understanding is there were 5 team bikes, 3 prototypes and 5 in the first batch of sold to the public. This frame is the last of the first five.

side1-1.jpg

rearshock2.jpg

rearhub2.jpg

logo1.jpg

frontside1.jpg

judyfork2.jpg

shocks1.jpg

fiberbushings.jpg

suspensionparts1.jpg

Hi stanlee,
Wish I had the cash for that the blue colour is amazing I bet you had the biggest smile when this got delivered!!
Colour still looks fresh! Love it,

I know you said your wanting to sell it whole but if you change your mind could I have the front brake and the wheels.

Good luck with the sale I think a really lucky persons gonna grab this!!

Dave.

Thanks Dave- I will keep that in mind. I would like to sell it complete but if it comes down to parting it out I will let you know.

Mark

I love the look of that frame, and my size too! I wish I had the bucks..

if you end up parting id love the brake levers, and pedals.

GLWS though.

Shockabilly

If you do decide to split I would be very interested in the frame, shocks and bushings.

As it is a later billy is the headset 1" or 1 1/8"?

Cheers

Thanks everybody for the kind words. For now I will hold off parting it out in hopes that it will sell complete but it's nice to know that there is some interest.

I think Eric [Chainline ] might be interested in this :cool: I've sent him a message to alert him of this Thread :)

Back