Serotta Tmax frame - damaged - free - you pay shipping!

d_douglas

Retro Guru
Sadly, I cannot bring myself to spend the money to repair this gorgeous frame. It is a 53cm (20.5") old school beauty with a one inch HT built out of Columbus Max OR tubing. Serotta, as many of you know, is considered the pinnacle of American framebuilders; this frame was a beautiful example of early 90's craftsmanship.

The frame has many small holes in the chainstays and a spot of rust forming at the weld joining the seat tube to the BB shell. I have discussed it with an EXPERT framebuilder who said it could definitely be repaired, but was not worth the cost unless it was my dream (it isn't).

Creative welders could possibly weld a reinformcing sleeve onto each of the chainstays and that would give it some life. To be honest, I think it could be ridden for a while (as pimped winter beater) but no guarantees, of course.

Photos on demand. Oh yeah - the price? Zero dollars / GBP / Euros / Whatever... if you pay the shipping, you can have it to experiment on the frame, hang it on the wall or give it to your sweeheart for Christmas!!!

Any questions, let me know...

photos as requested

Hey all - the frame is located in Geneva, Switzerland. Mr. Groovy Cycles was the first to send a PM, so I am placing him at the top of the list, as he is also a framebuilder and is going to try to repair it, which makes me happy.

Groovy: you have the first right of refusal - after that, I will work my way through the responses. Please let me know if you are not interested as well, as it will make this go faster.

I imagine that shipping to UK would be around 15-20GBP and about $40US to the USA. I will ship elsewhere of course - just give me your coordinates and I will find out the cost. As mentioned earlier, the 'buyer' must pay all shipping costs.

As you can see, from a distance, it is in great shape. The head tube top tube, down tube and seatstays are in excellent condition, so the damage was isolated to the chainstays, bottom of the seattube and therefore, the BB shell. There is residue from electricians tape on the drive side chainstay in one photo that looks weird, but not a big deal because the chainstay would be replaced anyways.

Could be a coffee shop bike for the winter - at least the water will drain out easily!!

CAN"T ADD PHOTOS AT THE MOMENT FOR SOME REASON - they are less than 256k, but will not upload! Send Email addresses if you want more photos and I will forward them to you as requested!! Sorry...

Back