1979 MERAL Randonneur (of France) For Sale:

lelobysfoot

Retro Guru
We have this extremely rare and immaculate French tourer for sale - open to offers as the price is difficult to establish.

Here it is as featured in Classic Rendevouz magsite:

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/France/Meral.htm

It has had no use since then and is kept in a low humidity environment. The condition is as the pics suggest.

Can be shipped worldwide. Fedex or similar. There are some spare tyres and some spares such as chains, sprockets and chainrings too. Also a chromed stand with only minor rust patches (not featured). The bike has had no use since the photos. It weighs 28lbs complete with racks and lamps and extras (very light for this kind of bike).

Offers......or even some advice? Sure some of you French guys know all about it????

nice example , but there were so many small builders in france after the war that it is going to be hard to find much details .

lelobysfoot":vhgkp5wt said:
We have this extremely rare and immaculate French tourer for sale - open to offers as the price is difficult to establish.

Here it is as featured in Classic Rendevouz magsite:

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/France/Meral.htm

It has had no use since then and is kept in a low humidity environment. The condition is as the pics suggest.

Can be shipped worldwide. Fedex or similar. There are some spare tyres and some spares such as chains, sprockets and chainrings too. Also a chromed stand with only minor rust patches (not featured). The bike has had no use since the photos. It weighs 28lbs complete with racks and lamps and extras (very light for this kind of bike).

Offers......or even some advice? Sure some of you French guys know all about it????

oh, sweet memories! i had one like that just larger and in metallic red long ago. it got stolen :( i sold the racks, bags and lamps not too long ago when i finally gave up hope to get it back. i may still have the original receipt from the late 70s or early 80s and i think the bike with racks, bags and mud guards did cost 1800 German Mark (alot of money back then), 900euro now.

Carsten

Back