KONA SEX THREE - Complete bike - £450.00

Antiquekona

Retrobike Rider
1996 Kona Sex Three £450.00 Collected. Worldwide Shipping at cost can be arranged - viewing and collection preferred. Located Louth, Lincolnshire.

7513351e.jpg

658cef15.jpg

5df6ac8d.jpg

022b9520.jpg

a28b3117.jpg

84c8262e.jpg

e628d159.jpg

HISTORY
I have owned this bike from new – originally purchased from Freetown Sports in Hull. Most of my riding on this bike was done in 1996/7/8 before other factors basically mothballed the bike.
2009/10 and the bike came out of retirement to attend a handful of Retrobike events and during 2010 was fitted with new rear shock, chain, cables and a brand new 8 speed XT rear cassette with the intention of attending more events, but this hasn’t happened and has again been stored with very little use.

CONDITION: how do you appraise the condition of what is a 15yr old bike? I think she is in superb condition for her age and has been very well cared for and in fully rideable condition. Yes there are chain suck marks, odd paint chips, cable rub etc but nothing serious – think the pictures reflect overall condition.

SPECIFICATION NOTES:
The original Fox Alps 4R shock is included in the sale (leaks air) but I have to say that the new SID shock works far better than the original ever did. Also included is a NEW FULL SUSPENSION BEARING KIT(the last one according to Paligap) should you require it in the future (the bike has had 1 replacement set installed since new and IMO still perfectly ok).

Also included – Pace grease gun and spare elastomers and all the brake bleeding kit/spares that I have along with original Pace Owners & Rock Sox SID Manual

The spec below is taken from Bikepedia and I have made it clear where I have altered/upgraded components to the best of my memory and knowledge.

Weight – as it is now approx 28lbs
Size 18"
Colors Gold, satin metallic.

Frame Tubing Material Easton ProGram Elite double-butted 7005 MADE IN USA
Fork Brand & Model Rock Shox Judy XC – replaced at time of purchase with PACE RC35 – MD (80mm)
Rear Shock Fox Alps-4R, 3.0" travel – replaced 2011 with a 2003 brand new Rock Shox SID xc (been sitting on the shelf at CRC) – old shock still inc in sale should you wish to restore.
Component Group Shimano Deore XT
Brakeset Magura Hydraulic HS11 brakes, Magura Hydrostop levers
Shift Levers Grip Shift SRT-800 X-Ray
Front Derailleur SACHS, bottom-pull/clamp-on 31.8 mm
Rear Derailleur Shimano XT (a later model than original)
Crankset Curve OM, 22/32/44 teeth – replaced late 90s with XT
Pedals Wellgo WPD-96A (clipless) –replaced late 90s Time ATAC
Bottom Bracket Curve ZVL, 119 mm spindle – to the best of my knowledge it now has XT
Rear Cogs 8-speed, – as new
Seatpost Kona O-Beam, 27.0 mm diameter
Saddle Selle Italia Expedia – replaced 90s Titanium Flite Alpes
Handlebar Easton EA70 Monkey Bar (not original fit, but have original Kona flat bar if required)
Handlebar Stem Kona Race Light Velocity – replaced 90s – no brand.
Headset 1 1/8" Kona Race Light Impact- replaced from new – FSA Orbit XL II (cartridge bearings)
Wheels: Original 217 SUPs long since gone – she now wears a pair of very attractive Rolf Satellite wheels/hubs. SALSA FLIP OFF 1990s skewers to finish
Tyres: Panaracer Fire XC 2.1

Back