FS: Original Brodie Catalyst Full XT /Mavic /Tange Prestige

jamswinna

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
For sale or expressions of interest...a very nice and completely original Brodie Catalyst. "17/ Med frame handbuilt by Paul, with sloping TT and all double butted Tange Prestige tubing.

Full Deore XT groupo, including the hard to find pedals. This was the first series that XT went rapid fire.

Rock Shox Judy XC is 1" and threadless, and the elastomers are in fine working condition. (medium/ soft installed) Extra Judy Butter available with the forks.

The bike has been owned since new by a bike mechanic and shop owner. Has been very well cared for and has low milage. Frame and forks are straight. Decals are peeling around the edges due to age but are replaceable.

Asking $800-ish for complete bike but am willing to split the bike up into frame/ fork/ group for individual sales if required. PM if interested in any of the parts.

This bike is located in Toronto, ON Canada...but worldwide shipping can be arranged as i know a lot of you on here are in the UK!

Cheers,
James.

P1020245.jpg

P1020244.jpg

P1020243.jpg

P1020242.jpg

could you let me know the frame measurements please, id be very interested in the frame should I be able to squeeze on to it

thats what im hoping..

also, is the rollar cam brake on the near neccessary or can you fit a standard canti? :oops:

That's definitely a large size frame. No later than 1990 I think, given the U-brake mounts. They did sizes 19 and 20.5, that looks more like a 20.5 to me, although I'm often wrong.

KeepItSteel":7wgrdp4q said:
also, is the rollar cam brake on the near neccessary or can you fit a standard canti? :oops:
The mounts are further up than canti mounts, so U-brake only I believe. Not the end of the world, many people speak quite highly of them.

Ok, makes sense.
Yes its not a deal breaker as I have good experience of their stopping power, i'd just kinda prefer a lighter prettier brake.

Back