Rocky mountain instinct frame... swap or sale

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I purchased this frame on the bay thinking i could build it up aqs my first EVER full susp bike. However when completed i came to the realisation that a 20" frame is actually just too big to be comfortable for me.

The frame is a 1999 model year, so not all that retro. The image below is of the same frame but in smaller a size. I can get actual images when i get back to oxfordshire during the week.

The frame is fitted with a fox float RL.

IMG_0791.jpg

I am looking to swap it for another full susp XC frame in 16-18" flavour. I dont really know what im looking for exactly, but if any one has anything to offer i shall have a look at it and consider if it "does it" for me.

Cheers

Rob

Thats real nice.

I have an Epic frame coming in medium that I might be willing to swap for that. if your keen, just yell and I'll let you know.

Proflex XP-8? Proper retro (1996/7)!

Like this one (but not this one) - real pictures on request.

xp8bk9.jpg

I could be interested in more details on the epic.

If any one has any more offers keep em comming.

Cheers

Rob

I'm afraid i've never been a big fan of proflex.

I think ideally i would love a smaller version of the RM im looking to swap, but they seem a little rare. the one in the photo and the one i own are the only instincts ive ever seen in that colour scheme.

also got a 17.5 inch kona kikapu or is that too modern for you? it's the 2006 model in metallic gold with a fox vanilla coil shock. if i had the dosh i would just buy your frame cos i have always liked that design. :cool:

Ok a little update.

The Rocky Mountain website only goes back to 2003, but below is a link to that years instinct.

http://www.bikes.com/bikes/2003/fsxc/instinct.aspx

The frame i have is the 20.5" version.

I have also taken some pics of my actual frame, appologies over the poor colour of the images, my cameras colour perception seems to be way off.

STA70145.jpg

STA70146.jpg

STA70150.jpg

The frame is in good condition, a little damage to the chain stays paint from the chain, as is usual on any bike more than 25 minutes old. Other than that a decent polish would bring the paint back to its full deep shine.

update

Bump, frame still available for an interesting swap, I will now also consider a not so interesting swap for some of that oh so dull money stuff.

Cheers for looking.

Back