Original Manitous

jonnyretro

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Pre Answer Manitou forks.
I have restored these to their former glory.
They have a new aluminium steerer, new top caps, new brake posts and new seals. I have fitted new elastomers, 1 hard and 2 medium in each leg. They have been thouroughly cleaned, all burrs removed and all threads retapped and are now in fully working excellent condition. The only bits I havent been able to replace are the stanchions. These are showing a bit of wear and corosion but are still perfectly usable.

main.php

main.php

main.php

Now, these have a 1 1/4" threadless steerer fitted. But Jon, I hear you say, I have a 1.25 headtube but am using a quill stem and I really want these forks!
Well, says I, I also have these to go with the forks...

main.php

main.php

Yes thats right, a Manitou CNC'd stem in Ahead flavour that is in pefect condition and a Chris King Nothreadset.
Combine these together and you end up with a thing of beauty...

main.php

main.php

main.php

So, how much do I want for these? No idea really so I invite offers.
I would prefer to sell all 3 items together, but if I have to split then I have to split.

Now if only they were in 1" I'd be biting your hand off. I had a set just like that and foolishly sold them to some one on here (and regretted it ever since). Out of interest, did you get these from here? Maybe they are my old ones....

Jez - I will hold out till after the weekend to see if anyone wants it as a whole, if not I will get back to you.

Pete - No I dont think they are your old ones, I didnt get them off of here anyway.

They do look nice though dont they... :LOL:

I´ve got a Cannondale frame (1 1/4), but the head tube is 170mm long (about 6.6 inches). How long is the steerer on your Manitou? I´ll be needing the lot.

leonatico":nient4oi said:
ok, I´ll check with my mechanic and give you an offer tomorrow.

Un saludo,

Leon

that will not fit :( you need 160mm for the head tube, 33mm for the head set and around 40mm for the stem = 233mm steerer tube at least.

cheers, carsten

that will not fit :( you need 160mm for the head tube, 33mm for the head set and around 40mm for the stem = 233mm steerer tube at least.

cheers, carsten[/quote]

Yes you are right. I read it as 160mm steerer, not head tube.
I just measured the gap between the headset cups and its 115mm, so thats the length headtube you are looking at as it is.
Its not a problem though, I can make a new longer steerer if thats what is required.

Back