89 GT Karakoram K2 - Galactic Fade. Pictures added.

8690q

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm going to miss this bike big time but needs must so it has to go.

This isn't my bike in the photo but it's identical except for mine has a new seat, has bar ends fitted and mine isn't as minty as this one. Not too far off though considering the use it gets.

DSCN3981x1.jpg

Edit : Here's a crap photo of my bike for the now. Child seat now removed.
11042010376.jpg

I'll get photo's of my bike and measurements tomorrow if anyones interested.

I'm looking for £150 posted in the UK

I'd be interested to see some more photos, condition of the paint etc.

I've just given the GT a quick clean and put my camera on to charge.

I'm off out for a shot on my trials bike the now till dark. I'll take some photo's and post them up when I'm home.

Michael

8690q":2baic2xc said:
I've just given the GT a quick clean and put my camera on to charge.

I'm off out for a shot on my trials bike the now till dark. I'll take some photo's and post them up when I'm home.

Rockin :cool:

Here's some photo's as promised. Size is 18.5 c-c and 20.5 c-t.

The missing paint is pretty bad on the downtube and most parts suffer from a scrape\scuff. So not as minty as the first photo I linked to in my first post but still a solid useable bike.

It really does look fugly in the close ups though :oops:

I'll include some blue touch up paint from our old VW Golf and the DX sti's with missing shifter (the missing shifter is the right hand shifter on this bike. This would give you a spare left shifter)( EDIT : i believe in fixies is sending me a r\h sifter so that's a whole set for spare ) but nice unused levers from my clearout post. This would smarten it up for a start. A good stripdown, degrease all parts and rebuild would have it shining again.

Full DX groupset. Good condition. Edit : just noticed in the photo of the rear brake that one of the wee tabs for holding the straddle cable have snapped off. I'll include an unused DX U-brake if I can find the bugger.
DX hubs on Ritchey Vantage anodised rims. Good condition.
Viscount saddle has a tear at rear. Super comfy though.
AME grips. Cut for bar ends. Not too worn.
Z-max tyres. Front nice but dull skinwall. Rear is worn a bit and starting to perish slightly. Dull skinwall.

Paint on the frame is the worst part.

112_0421.jpg

112_0415.jpg

112_0416.jpg

112_0417.jpg

112_0418.jpg

112_0419.jpg

112_0420.jpg

112_0424.jpg

112_0425.jpg

112_0423.jpg

112_0422.jpg

Nice bike, shame about the paint chips on the down tube. How have they come about, btw?

Cheers

Nobody :(

I'll consider non too cheeky offers or knock a bit off for pick up only if any Macretro guys want it.

£10 off type bump.

I really want this sold guys.

It's so cool and original it would be a shame to split it ( I hope it doesn't come to that though :( ).

Sorry mate, not for me.. :(

I don't think splitting it is the way forward tho, perhaps Ebay?

Back