Retro Rare Cannondale!

timcooke1

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I am selling this Retro Cannondale. I am not sure on the model or age of it, but its not a complete original spec. However, most of the original bike is there, and looking at it the things listed below are what arnt original. Its 16", so a small.

Rear mech
Chain
Cassette
Shifters
Bars
wheels

The frame is in ok condition but it is suffering from paint chips and poor paint generally. It is the original though, and mechanically sound. The BB has been painted white, not sure why but could have been again because the paint was chipping. Also, the compression split for the seatpost clamp (Built in) has been filled with silicone, and again not sure why.

The forks are original Manitou Answer 2's, inch steerer and need a service and the elastomers replacing or renewing. They are unmarked though, and aesthetically perfect.

The rear brake has snapped a spring, which with a bit of ingenuity could be fixed and working properly.

The drivetrain is sound, though the chain could do with replacing as it looks a little tired.

The wheels are x517'S on XT non disc hubs, both running very true and the bearings are good.

Overall, the bike is in ok condition. It does need things doing to it, but these few bits would have it up and running as a sweet machine, as a collectors item or even as a commuting machine. It is missing pedals and grips, but otherwise is complete.

Pics available, email: tim@timcooke.eu for pics.

Offers around £80 posted, or feel free to make an offer, bearing in mind postage is around £15 and the bike is very RARE!

Tim

Put up a pic here please.

Until then we can't tell if it is rare as you don't seem to know what it is. Someone here will be able to identifiy it for you.

pics

here is some pics of the bike

66kzj4i.jpg

61tb0ah.jpg

cannondale king":25cswrgt said:
i think its the sm 800 just sold my sm500 so in the market for a new one :cool: :cool: did you get my pm :cool:

Did you not just sell your Cannondale as an SM800?? so was it an SM500 or an 800

yes i did couldn't be bothered to finish it i thought mine was the 500 then i got a message telling me i was wrong and it was the 800 then again they could have been wrong. anyway long story made short i miss it and want another one that i havn't gotta do alot to finish lol :LOL: :LOL: :cool: :D

its the roller cam that makes me think sm800 and it has the shorter head tube may even be the sm1000 kingroon will know if it is one of them :D :D

To CTK

Sorry but im not splitting the bike. But the bike is still for sale and there is alot of intrest on this site and others

Back